15 days ago
Tax Manager - London
We are recruiting for a Tax Manager to work within our Holborn office. This is a tax advisory role within a busy team advising predominantly owner managed businesses ('OMB') on both corporate and personal tax matters. The role will involve working with internal clients alongside General Practice Partners, Associate Tax Partners and senior managers as well as external professionals and their clients on a variety of tax advisory and planning work which includes transactional work and long term tax projects. The advisory work encompasses the life cycle of a business from start-up structuring through to growth and expansion to exit planning for owners and families. The role will also involve dealing with ad-hoc tax queries which come through the firm's networking sources including a tax helpline for accountants.
Due to growth within the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner-managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930s with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Tax Manager role is offering a competitive salary, study support (if needed), a great career path to progress within the firm and a great benefits package.
Tax Manager - Competency framework
- Possess a general tax background with good working knowledge and awareness of all taxes and is comfortable and enjoys working on both personal and business/corporate tax issues
- Happy to pick up one off ad hoc queries via the telephone helpline as well as work on large transactional projects often at the same time
- A team player, able to work alongside Associate Partners and Senior Managers but also other managers and junior members of the team, delegating, reviewing work and acting as a mentor
- Be comfortable working with external professionals as well as end clients to create work opportunities
The Tax Manager duties will be:
- Working alongside Partners and Associate Partners on various tax planning and advisory work. Working a number of projects working with team members to deliver within given timeframes and budget. The work would include transactional work largely on business reconstructions including management buyouts, purchases of own shares and demergers as well as smaller one off tax assignments. There would also be an opportunity to work on the following:
- Property tax work including, property incorporations, property investment group planning and principal private residence enquires plus SDLT
- Corporation tax for close companies and larger groups
- Share reward schemes such as EMIs and use of growth shares
- IHT planning
- Providing technical support in relation to tax due diligence work on sale transactions
- Reviewing work within the team and supporting the team. Identifying issues for others and cross selling opportunities
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries via the firm's tax helpline and the Tax Compliance teams
- Mentor staff within the team who are progressing within the firm
- 2 years' post-qualification tax experience
- Experience in a small or mid-tier accountancy practice with exposure to owner managed businesses
- Tax advisory/project experience with specific experience in dealing with business reconstructions and property tax work
- Experience of researching technical issues and preparing technical reports
- Broad and general tax knowledge of all aspects of direct taxes
- ATT, CTA, ACA or ACCA with tax experience
The Tax Manager will have the following skills:
- Excellent time management, planning, project management and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good technical research and writing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent tax technical knowledge
- Team player
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
If you are keen to secure a Tax Manager role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great start to your career, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment any agency fee.