|Job Title:||Tax Advisor|
|Salary:||50000 - 55000|
|Contact Name:||Anna Kemp|
|Job Published:||November 30, 2020 18:14|
Wilton require an experienced and positive Tax Professional to contribute to the development of our growing Tax Department in an advisory capacity with involvement in compliance matters.
Our vision is to be ‘best in class’, providing an unrivalled service to our clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high level technically excellent advice and identifying opportunities for all Wilton businesses, adding value to the clients’ experience.
Our Taxation team deals with a mixed portfolio of UHNWI and corporate clients with tax matters ranging from corporation tax, personal tax, OMBs, land tax transactions and indirect tax.
This is a mixed tax position therefore it will suit an individual with either a private client or corporation tax background who is interested in broadening their technical specialism and learn new areas of taxation. The team is looking for an individual who will deal with compliance work and will also become involved in advisory and planning projects.
We are looking for a highly ambitious, well educated candidate who will recognise this as a entry point to a successful career in the professional services arena. For the best candidates, progression will be rapid. You must be good with people as strong communication skills are essential. You will also be focused, self-motivated and able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Job Title: Tax Advisor
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Hours Per Week: Full-time
Accountabilities / Competencies
Client Service Management
- Being attentive to clients’ needs, delivering on promises but also successfully managing expectations.
- Perform in line with agreed SLAs within the tax team.
- Offering sector-specific, multi-jurisdictional (where required) tailored advice and guidance to clients.
- Handling a wide range of tax compliance matters for the client portfolio including personal tax returns, partnership returns and corporation tax returns.
- Completion of tax returns and tax reporting for individuals and onshore and offshore companies.
- Responding to HMRC and client enquiries regarding their personal and corporation tax affairs.
- Corresponding with HMRC, clients and other third parties regarding the on-going management of the clients’ tax affairs.
- Dealing with on-boarding of new clients, registering clients for annual tax filings and dealing with the closure of corporate entities, filing final tax returns and de-registration.
- Working closely with senior staff to develop advisory and technical tax planning skills.
- Confidently deal with client enquires, producing explanatory letters regarding HMRC.
- Identifying tax planning and/or tax relief opportunities when analysing data to prepare tax returns.
- Filing P11D’s, notifying clients when payments are due, arranging repayments and maintaining schedules of tax information for each client.
- Assisting with the billing and ensuring that the internal client workflow records are up-to-date.
- The individual will have exposure to EU and international tax planning advisory work with the opportunity to take on more advisory responsibility in the future.
- Working collaboratively with other departments including legal, investments, accounts and pensions to provide a comprehensive service to clients.
- Aid in producing, reviewing and finalising accounts within 3 months of year end.
- Working collaboratively with auditors in completing audits.
- Fully accountable for your own:
- utilisation of 1,500 hours per annum, delivering value to clients.
- efficient billing and maintenance of your work and progress.
- cash collection of all your clients, to ensure they are paid within the agreed payment terms.
- Working capital management to include control of work in progress, billing and cash collection.
- Ability to assist with HMRC enquiries and prepare correspondence.
- Strong collaborative skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with all subject matter experts and stakeholders across Wilton.
- Ability to deliver in line with Wilton’s Service Level Agreements, providing high quality service to our clients.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills with high attention to detail - able to write reports and interpret relevant data.
- Strong IT skills with previous exposure to tax, legal or finance professional software products
- Ability to be discrete and maintain necessary confidentiality in undertaking of the role.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills, ability to work under pressure and manage workload to efficiently meet strict deadlines
- Organised, pro-active and able to make decisions supported by explanations
- ATT qualified or equivalent
- Degree Educated or equivalent
- PQE of at least 3 years.
- Audit practising certificate holder (desirable).
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development, maintaining know-how and keeping up-to-date with new tax legislation
- Previous tax experience in a professional services firm
- Experience of audits, property, manufacturing, regulated financial services, captive insurance and luxury asset management would be advantageous.
- Driven by results and the delivery of a quality service.
- Strong belief and investment in good client service practices.
- Confident with a professional work-ethic
- Self starter who can take initiative.
- Collaborative worker willing to share and promote the success of others.
What we offer
- Attractive pension package.
- Life assurance.
- Private Medical Insurance from day one, with enhanced cover for wellbeing – including a point systems for free cinema tickets, coffee and more.
- Regular socials and sponsored events.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket loan scheme.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's