Tax Adviser - In-House
|Job Title:||Tax Adviser - In-House|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + + Benefits + Study Support|
|Contact Name:||Robert McIlroy|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2019 17:46|
Global transportation company seeks a Tax Adviser (full study support provided) for the London team
Your new company
Your new firm is a world leading transportation company, operating major ocean vessels, as well as fleets of planes and vehicles. The group employs about 37,000 people worldwide, headquartered in Tokyo with a regional presence in London, USA, Singapore, and Shanghai.
Your new role
Based in the London office in Canary Wharf you will be a Tax Adviser reporting to the Tax Manager for Europe the scope of the role will be:-
- Assistance in the preparation of UK tax returns, instalment payments, joint amended returns, tax group relief and other aspects of UK tax compliance for the group. To be reviewed and submitted by the European Tax Manager.
- Preparation or assistance of corporation tax and deferred tax calculations and related tax notes for inclusion in the statutory accounts of UK companies. Review of the draft statutory accounts for accuracy and consistency. To be reviewed by the European Tax Manager.
- Assistance with the tax accounting and reporting performed by the financial controllers of our UK companies including group reporting on quarterly/half yearly/yearly basis.
- Preparation or assistance in the preparation of monthly/quarterly UK VAT returns
- Involvement in audit, year-end and statutory accounts tax processes and procedures;
- Involvement in tax forecasting processes and procedures and reviewing tax forecasts prepared by companies/branches
- Assistance with HMRC enquiries
- Maintenance of accurate and detailed tax records and files.
- Provide tax input, as and when required, into key accounting projects such as financial reporting under IFRS, compliance with Japanese SOX and accounting system changes;
- Ad-hoc projects
- General administrative tasks
What you'll need to succeed
You will be part-qualified (ACA, ACCA OR ATT) with experience of working in a tax and/or accounts based
role or a person with strong accounting and tax experience and knowledge acquired in the profession or in industry/commerce.
You will have excellent attention to detail and will be determined, energetic, questioning and proactive.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a generous salary up to £35000 plus full study support for a professional accounting qualification. In addition you will receive a flexible range of benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
The consultant working recruiting for this opportunity is Robert McIlroy at Hays Taxation. Robert can be reached on 020 3465 0138.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's