Tax Adviser Contract
|Job Title:||Tax Adviser Contract|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tasha De Keyser|
|Job Published:||December 11, 2020 15:12|
Tax Adviser Contract - 4-6 months
A telecoms business in London is recruiting for an interim Tax Adviser for a 4-6 month contract starting ASAP. Reporting directly into the Group Tax and Treasury Manager, the purpose of this role is to provide tax support on M&A investment projects and focused involvement in year-end and to co-ordinate group reporting of year-end tax for the group financial statements.
- Undertake tax due diligence for expansion opportunities, co-ordinating Q&A processes and reporting findings to senior colleagues.
- Review of tax items in financial modelling and critical analysis of tax structuring opportunities.
- Undertake research on the telecommunication industry in new markets.
- Ability to communicate tax issues in a commercial fashion to internal stakeholders e.g. legal, commercial and finance teams. Tax reporting and accounting
- Responsible for ensuring that the tax accounting for the consolidated Group, including all tax disclosures for current tax and deferred tax, are prepared in line with applicable IFRS standards.
- Co-ordinate tax input to the Financial Statements, including preparation of internal analysis of provisions and contingencies and managing the collation of tax data for auditors.
- Calculation/review of draft tax returns, payments and calculations at Group level and African OpCos with external advisers.
- Review and develop new procedures to optimise reporting of tax matters.
Experience & qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years' work experience in a Finance role desirable with at least 1-2 years as post qualified accountant/tax advisor
- Track record of exposure to technical tax projects, tax accounting and reporting under IFRS standards and international tax matters.
- M&A deals tax experience would be ideal but not a requirement, coaching provided.
- Tax experience in an accountancy firm or within the Tax/Finance function of listed company.
- Professional qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA, Chartered Tax advisor)
- Fluency in French desirable
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Tax Compliance Advisor
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Interim Group Accountant
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£300.00 - £400.00 per day
Assistant Audit Manager - Technology , Media and Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits
Audit Senior Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
48000 - 77000