|Job Title:||Tax Accountant|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£50000 - £70000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tasha De Keyser|
|Job Published:||March 30, 2020 11:00|
Tax Accountant - Insurance
An opportunity has come about for an experienced Tax Accountant to join the finance function of one of the worlds largest reinsurance companies in areas of VAT, Insurance Premium Tax, Corporation Tax, and some aspects of Employment Tax.
Reporting to the Tax Manager, working within the finance function, the role holder will play a key part in enabling entities within the group to fulfil their tax duties and reporting obligations.
The ideal candidate will be confident to work own their own initiative, be comfortable liaising with other teams within the business and be competent with manipulating large amounts of data.
- Prepare VAT returns on a quarterly basis
- Contribute to the financial controls and tax compliance by implementing improvements to current processes
- Review IPT to be paid to the tax authorities on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Reconcile IPT between the accounting ledger (SAP) and the underwriting system (OMEGA)
- Prepare the PAYE Settlement Agreement annual returns
- Assist with any HMRC related query or documentation required
- Assist with gathering and analysing information required for the corporation tax returns
- Assist with information required on several employment related issues
- Assist the tax manager in the preparation, implementation, update and maintenance of all tax policies and procedure documentation
- Monitor tax legislation, regulations and rulings
- Other ad hoc duties
- Good organisational skills;
- Ability to use own initiative and work independently;
- Good verbal and written communication;
- Strong problem solving abilities and analytical skills;
- Motivated and 'can do' attitude.
A professional qualification in accounting is preferred but not essential.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Tasha de Keyser on 02034650138 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.