£47000 - £55000 per annum
19 days ago
Are you ready to take ownership for an essential element of a complex, changing company? Are you interested in the intricacies of Tax Accounting, ready to apply your knowledge in a fast-moving Housing organisation? Do you want to surround yourself with bright, dedicated people, all working together to propel their company to new heights?
Joining a Berkshire-based Housing organisation and property developer applying a truly modern approach, this Tax Accountant role offers the chance to work broadly across the organisation and be the focal point for all tax affairs. Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role has the following key accountabilities:
- Leading on all tax issues for the Group, with a particular focus on VAT partial exemption and SDLT as well as Corporation Tax and CIS, ensuring the Group is up to date and compliant with all regulations and policies
- Working closely with key members of the team to ensure that the use of Finance systems is maximising the value and efficacy of all tax affairs
- Working closely with the Property Development Team on their high-profile schemes and ensuring that the tax position is in line with expectations, policies and standards
- Meeting with internal and external stakeholders to provide both advisory and technical support on all issues relating to tax, being the go-to point of contact
- Taking responsibility for the policy, strategy and planning for the group and all subsidiaries, regularly advising the SLT on any legal changes
- Liaise with external Tax consultants from Big Four firms for those particularly complex queries.
On offer is the chance to truly take responsibility for an essential area of this thriving organisation's success strategy. Joining a rapidly growing organisation with a current turnover of circa £350m, this role plays an integral part in ensuring that growth can continue.
To be considered for the role, you should meet the following essential criteria:
- Hold a fully accountancy qualification (CCAB or CIMA), or a relevant tax qualification (i.e. ATT or CTA)
- Show proven experience of complex tax affairs, involving a solid understanding of VAT and partial exemption
- Show a capability of troubleshooting and problem solving relating to tax issues.
This role would also suit someone making their first industry move out of practice - if the opportunity to be a Tax Accountant is of interest, you should apply to this position!
CVs are under constant review and interviews can be arranged swiftly. Please apply now!