|Job Title:||Tax Accountant|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bevan|
|Job Published:||September 18, 2019 10:22|
Supporting the Head of Tax and assisting with tax compliance and reporting over a variety of taxes for all areas of the business.
The role will include preparation, reconciliation and review of tax schedules, calculations and disclosure notes for year-end Group. As well as liaising with external advisers for the planning, preparation and timely submission of the corporate tax returns.
My client is a financial services company headquartered in Cardiff, Wales. Listed on the London Stock Exchange. It is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index and markets 4 insurance brands as well as operating the price for several comparison services. The company is the only one to have been named one of the Best Companies To Work For every year since 2001.
The company have a strong culture where they put people and customers first. The company philosophy is simple, yet effective. People who like what they do, do it better, and this, in turn, means that our customers receive the level of service and products that they deserve. Our culture is honest, open and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: Communication, Equality, Reward & Recognition, and Fun.
Role Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation, reconciliation and review of tax schedules, calculations and disclosure notes for year-end Group reporting
- Liaising with external advisers for the planning, preparation and timely submission of the corporate tax returns
- Annual reconciliation and posting of corporate tax charges for the Group
- Assistance with transfer pricing documentation and policies
- Assistance with SAO documentation and submissions
- Managing Corporate Criminal Offence legislation obligations
- Preparation of UK VAT and IPT calculations and return submissions
- Providing tax support to overseas business and other operational departments
- Supporting Head of Tax with other ad hoc advisory work
Key Skill Requirements
- Newly Qualified Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) or Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Previous experience in Corporate Tax and/or Indirect Taxes gained in practise or in-house
- Self-motivated and pro-active in all aspects of the role
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with and influence all types of people and all levels of management
This role allows a qualified or newly qualified accountant to join a large progressive company and is a great next step on the career ladder. Not only does it offer the opportunity to join a large company with a great culture it allows the individual to develop themselves in a professional environment. Reporting directly into the head of Tax it gives the individual the opportunity to progress in there career further.
Competitive Pension, Group Life Assurance, Approved All Employee Share Incentive Plan, Health and well-being measures, Cycle to Work scheme, Gym Membership opportunities, Free gym passes are available in Cardiff, Swansea and Newport, Staff & Family insurance discount, Travel Insurance Discount
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
In-House Tax Accountant
City of London, London
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
Senior Tax Accountant - Private Equity
City of London, London
Senior Management Accountant
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + 38 days annual leave, 15% pension
Tax Manager - In House