£40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and other benefits
15 days ago
You will be a key member of the finance team, liaising with external stakeholders to reviews relevant tariff models. In addition, you will be responsible for tariff setting for annual billing process, invoicing other water utility companies where we bill on their behalf, develop services tariffs to developers and other business tariffs.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It's an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
- Producing key tariffs under tight deadlines
- Collect customer data from reports and produce forecasts and support the tariff publication process
- Liaise with External stakeholders with reviews and quality control of tariff models
- Lead model audits
- Manage external regulators to tight deadlines and obtain internal sign off
- Variance Revenue Analysis from Budgets
- Set forecasts and budgets for current and future years
- Work close with retail and finance teams to improve internal processes (including Automation, reporting and insight)
- Prepare debtors balance, bad debt provision and monthly reviews to present to Group FC and CFO
- Relationship manager with external utility companies, providing weekly reports to key stakeholders
- Regulatory task reporting
- Liaise with external non-finance teams regarding non-financial data
- Support 5 year business plan
- Implement business controls and processes
- Develop a timetable for procedures, financial reporting improvement and systems development
- Adhoc tasks as required
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and Grade C GCSE in English and Maths
- Solid understanding of accounting, financial statements and ratio analysis
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong understanding and ability to analyse, review and report on business information
- Excellent Verbal and Written Skills with varied levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable working cohesively with all teams within the business
- Work as a customer and service provider across multiple departments
- Excellent attention to detail and able to work in a time-pressured environment
- Keen to streamline process and welcome change
- It would be advantageous to be experienced in using Navision and good VBA Knowledge
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits