£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
28 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Exciting Opportunity with a Public Sector Organisation on the outskirts of Bristol.
Your new company
This large Public Sector organisation is looking for a dynamic systems Accountant to join the growing team. Based on the outskirts of Bristol with plenty of parking and a wide range of benefits.
Your new role
My client is seeking a systems accountant to support with the improvement and development of its financial systems interfaces. This is a senior role within a small finance team. You will play role in the continuous development of the in-house processing of financial and non-financial data to ensure the delivery of an efficient and effective service to stakeholders.
You will take a proactive lead in our ambitious transformation and digitisation programme, ensuring the integration of systems and that data is captured in an effective and efficient manner. The development of budgets is a key priority and you will have a lead role in training and educating budget holders and senior managers in setting future budgets, preparing monthly monitoring reports, business cases and making robust financial decisions. You will be expected to provide high level financial support and advice on all technical and systems initiatives. You will support the Finance Manager with the preparation of annual Revenue and Capital budgets, supporting the preparation of the annual statement of accounts and producing reports for our Senior Leadership Board to ensure decisions are educated by detailed and accurate financial information.
What you'll need to succeed
- Full CCAB accountancy qualification.
- Strong technical finance background with significant experience of Unit4 Business World (Agresso) system or equivalent financial system
- Significant accounting/budgeting experience (eg min 5 years).
- Experience of designing, implementing and managing financial systems, processes and policies.
- Project Management skills.
- Be an advanced Excel user.
- The ability to organise and prioritise work, to meet strict deadlines, and to use initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including the ability to explain sometimes complex financial issues.
- Experience of preparation and presentation of reports.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to operate with probity, e.g. awareness of and adherence to all legislative regulations relating to financial matters
- Proven organisational skills and able to work well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and manage time effectively without supervision.
- Evidence of self-motivation, innovation and resilience.
- Proven ability to use own initiative and work as a team player
- Knowledge and experience of working in a financial environment together with the relevant procedures and operations.
- An understanding of the public sector and its pressures and constraints including National issues affecting Government.
- Experience of collaborating with clients and external organisations.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.