|Job Title:||Systems Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||February 21, 2020 14:31|
My client an employer of choice within Cheltenham are currently looking to recruit for a Systems Accountant on a permanent basis within their Corporate Services department.
About the Finance and Corporate Services department
The Finance and Corporate Services department manages and supports initiatives in the business that drive organisational performance, efficiency, delivery, and implementation. It brings together a number of organisation-wide functions, activities, and support services, based on specialised knowledge, best practices, processes, and technology to serve our internal and external customers and business partners.
To ensure the efficient integration of all business-wide financial systems and any associated technology. This is achieved by partnering with finance and departments across the organisation, to take ownership and management of all finance-related systems.
- Ensure all systems and processes with a financial implication are integrated seamlessly.
- Systems include:
- financial accounting system
- Salesforce and other online billing systems
- payroll system
- financial planning tool
- credit card online payment portals
- Project manage the improvements, standard upgrades, and implementation of any new systems.
- Periodically carry out a fit for purpose review of all systems.
- Ensure data integrity across all systems.
- Creating, agreeing, and ensuring all systems have a consistent format.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure all systems provide the right output for users.
- Monitor the performance and usability of all financial systems, getting feedback from all stakeholders.
- Assess and rectify system control weaknesses.
- Test internal processes and procedures, and, once confirmed, ensure these are appropriately documented.
- Work with finance to design and develop reporting and KPIs.
Skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Systems development and finance systems experience.
- Ideally a qualified accountant, with strong technical understanding.
- Extensive project experience relating to the delivery of new or upgraded IT/finance systems and processes.
- Ability to drive change and process improvements.
- A self-motivated, confident team player with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solver and analytical thinker, with high attention to detail.
Package Up to £50,000 with 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days from 1 April 2020), voluntary flexible benefits, paid volunteering days, and a contributory stakeholder pension. free parking and unlimited tea and coffee, and many other perks. You'll enjoy an exciting, agile working environment, with a vibrant culture and flexible approach to work, all of which reflects our teamwork and innovative spirit.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000 - £48000 per annum + benefits
City of London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Richmond upon Thames, London
Up to £50000 per annum