Strategic Finance Project Manager
|Job Title:||Strategic Finance Project Manager|
|Salary:||£70,000 - £80,000|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2020 16:10|
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Strategic Finance Project Manager to work as the Finance Lead within a dedicated Peabody project team on the masterplanning, design and delivery of a major site in East London. You will be based in Tower Bridge and join us on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £70,000 - £80,000 per annum.
About the Strategic Finance Project Manager role:
Peabody are a leading housing association, with over 65,000 homes and 150 years of history of providing affordable homes for Londoners. Our focus is on building and maintaining the best quality developments, working with local communities and building long-term partnerships to create positive change. We are committed to being London’s housing association, and whilst we have recently approved a 50 mile operation area that includes the Home Counties, Essex and Kent we will still target delivering the substantial majority of our homes within London. Considering the London land and sales market we envision the Outer London boroughs as key to our current and future growth plans.
To complete this goal Peabody is now entering ever more complex land and development site purchases, including Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV) at a significant cost. This could potentially provide Peabody with the capability to deliver thousands of units on single sites.
Responsibilities of our Strategic Finance Project Manager include:
- Advise and support the business in decision making to ensure Peabody’s strategic aims are realised, producing narrative and commentary reports for the Executive Team, Committees and Boards as required.
- Production of financial model and subsequent management and modelling of various scenarios with the Project Team.
- Actively review and input into the risks, opportunities and implementation of the Business Plan and appraisal as the development proposals evolve.
- Manage and act as the central point of contact for Finance aspects of the project including appraisals, accounting, tax and payments.
- To prepare, monitor and deliver team targets/budgets in line with the Peabody business plan for the SPV. Co-ordination of any external consultancy advise to ensure value for money across the scheme is understood.
- Review due diligence documents, advising on potential gaps and risks that may not be covered within the current scope, completing actions where necessary.
- Integration of the SPV into the Peabody Long Term Financial Position, either as a separate area or integration into the wider finance development business plan.
- Liaison with Vendor to ensure all finance requirements are met, including site visits and examining of Vendor’s financial systems.
- Lead on integrating into Peabody’s finance systems to ensure financial processing, Treasury and accounting functions are set up and can be ran within the normal course of business.
- Create accurate, timely and high quality management reporting, audit schedules and statutory accounting notes for SPV.
- Participate in internal project team meetings and actively manage the development accounting and finance aspects of the scheme.
- Advise the Development Team on other complex financial transactions, supporting future potential purchases.
- Documentation of purchase and integration process for use within the Peabody Group on future projects.
What we’re looking for in our Strategic Finance Project Manager:
- CCAB qualified accountant with minimum 2 years Post-Qualification Experience
- Understanding of audit and taxation requirements
- Interact and lead various stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood. A proactive and engaged candidate is essential
- Proven ability to lead and manage financial aspects of a project from start to finish including establishing a Business Plan and underlying appraisals
- Creation of appropriate financial modelling to guide decision making and future business plans
- Understanding of complex transactions and ability to present in a simple manner in a wider variety of settings
Closing date: 30th July 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Strategic Finance Project Manager, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's