Strategic Business Partner
|Job Title:||Strategic Business Partner|
|Salary:||£46388.50 - £53500.00 per annum + pension & free parking|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Wilson|
|Job Published:||October 03, 2019 16:29|
Qualified accountant needed for a long term interim assignment in North Oxfordshire.
Your new company
A busy local authority in North Oxfordshire is requiring a Group Accountant to help cover a period from 12 to 24 months, whilst a new Finance ERP is being implemented.
Your new role
- Manage the team to produce an exemplary Budget, Budget Monitoring reports and Statement of Accounts all with Statutory or prescribed reporting timescales.
- Manage the team to respond to support all key transformation and regeneration projects across both Councils. To manage the treasury functions for both Councils.
- Manage the team to maintain and develop Financial Systems including key reconciliations. Responsibility for procuring and implementing key financial systems.
- To ensure the objectives of the Corporate Finance Annual Service Plan are met.
- Provide the leadership and vision so that the team understands their individual and collective objectives. To include ensuring the team understands their requirements in terms of governance.
- Ensure effective management of the team through regular appraisals, supervision and personal development. Ensuring that all HR records including job descriptions, training and development records are monitored and kept up to date.
- Create, Develop and maintain key relationships with Service Heads and Budget Holders in service departments across both Councils. Use those relationships to support and influence so that key decisions are taken correctly.
- Ensure that statutory and other statistics and returns relating to services are completed accurately and submitted by the deadlines. Examples - VAT, WGA, Capital, Grants, Collection Fund Accounting.
- To support the Assistant Director of Finance in developing and maintaining the Council's accounting policies to ensure its compliance with the Statement of Recommended Practice on Local Authority Accounting.
- Provide assistance and influence to internal and external audit in relation to service issues and audits.
- Develop a multi-team ethos within Corporate Finance providing support across the team to ensure resilience for the team, security for staff and maximum productivity.
- To act as an authorised signatory for the Council.
- To attend corporate training sessions as required.
- To attend Committee Meetings as required.
- Deputise for the Assistant Director of Finance and Strategic Business Partner as required.
- To undertake financial reviews and special projects as required by the Assistant Director of Finance and to undertake any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the post.
What you'll need to succeed
Full CCAB professional qualification or Full CMIAA professional qualification
Recent post qualifying experience in a UK local authority environment with responsibility / strong experience in the following areas:
Closedown process - Co-ordination of statutory accounts
Completion of Statutory Returns
Development of FIS
Capital Expenditure & Financing
Providing finance support to key financial projects
Working collaboratively with Councillors and senior managers and providing them with coherent, evidence-based, technically sound recommendations
Advanced knowledge of FIS - Agresso and Excelerator reporting
Advanced MS Office and Excel spread sheet skills
VAT Local government financing
Treasury Management Code of Practice
Ability to communicate accountancy concepts and financial trends to lay Managers in oral and written form.
A high level of communication skills, both written and verbal
Ability to achieve deadlines
Ability to prioritise and organise workload
Good interpersonal skills
Good motivational skills
Good analytical and interpretive skills
Ability to operate successfully in a multi-disciplinary and multi-functional environment
Ability to attend evening and external meetings
What you'll get in return
An attractive salary and pension package.
Potential to be on a day rate outside of scope of IR35
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Finance Business Partner
£57000 - £60000 per annum
Senior Finance Business Partner
Up to £55000 per annum
Finance Business Partner - Contracts
£50000 - £59000 per annum
Finance Business Manager
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
£55000 - £65000 per annum + pension, meals & private health cover