Statutory Accounting Manager
|Job Title:||Statutory Accounting Manager|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Houghton|
|Job Published:||June 17, 2020 10:36|
You will be responsible for the delivery of Statutory Accounting & Taxation services to a diverse range of clients ensuring that all tasks are completed in line with agreed procedures, quality and deadlines. You will sit on the Senior Operational Management Team for the business and work closely with the departmental operational line managers to deal with day to day issues and strategic development of the business.
This growing business is a local success story and continues to grow from strength to strength. This position is key to that continued growth and will play a pivotal role.
- Work closely with the Senior Management and BD Team's to assist and take ownership of the New Business identified for the department in regard to costings, client relationships, onboarding and follow up reviews.
- Develop professional and valued relationships with key clients - identifying areas where adding value to clients results in increased business and growth in fee income.
- Ensure timely preparation of all work within the department within agreed deadlines which includes - Annual Statutory Accounts, CT and VAT returns, Payroll and Auto Enrolment etc
- Manage of a small team of accounting staff ensuring that the Department's objectives are achieved and that the team are motivated and provided with relevant experience in line with their individual training plans
- Providing support to Trainees and Assistants with technical issues and identify training and development needs
- Full client management responsibilities ensuring proactive workload planning, regular client contact and key client management in line with company care programme. Including investigating client complaints or issues.
- Management of on-boarding and leaver process within the department
- Give any necessary advice on Management Accounting issues to ensure that managers and staff understand issues
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the field of Statutory Accounting & Tax to ensure the continued provision of a high quality professional service
- Implement compliance within the Department in relation to all processes, procedures, rules and codes with which the business has to comply
- Challenge current ways of working, driving change & efficiencies wherever possible
- Ensure the highest standards of work are maintained
- Other duties as specified by the Senior Leadership Team
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar accounting environment and holds a relevant accounting qualification.
- In depth knowledge of FRS102 and a good understanding of the UK tax system including payroll taxes, VAT etc
- Ability to question the transactions and taxation and accounting rules that lie behind the number
- Ability to take ownership of workload management and be accountable to the client
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to resolve issues and ensure technical accuracy
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage with staff and clients at all levels
- Good people management skills specifically: delegation, nurturing, training and management in accordance with agreed objectives
- Confident persuasive communicator
- Ability to confidently deal with colleagues and develop strong client relationships
- Assertive personality and willingness to drive change in the business
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical ability to prepare, review and ensure accuracy and completeness of all work delivered by the Department and Company.
Competitive salary & package
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's