Stakeholder Engagement Manager
|Job Title:||Stakeholder Engagement Manager|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newland|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2020 11:34|
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC)’s mission is to serve the public interest by setting high standards of corporate governance, reporting and audit and holding to account those responsible for delivering them. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit. We also set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work, and monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about our role can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
Regulatory Standards: The FRC’s Regulatory Standards Division is responsible for public and technical policy covering accountancy, audit, actuarial work and corporate governance and stewardship, for which we set regulatory codes and standards and develop guidance to drive high quality work in the public interest. The Division also includes the FRC Lab, which encourages high quality reporting through the development of best practice, and innovation more widely, and all of the FRC’s stakeholder engagement and communications work.
We are seeking a Stakeholder Engagement Manager to join the FRC’s Stakeholder Engagement and Corporate Affairs team.
The Stakeholder Engagement Manager will work with the Director and Deputy Director of Stakeholder Engagement and Corporate Affairs as well as other policy teams to establish and support a strategic stakeholder engagement programme based on the FRC priorities and key projects.
This role supports the overall FRC stakeholder engagement strategy, primarily focused on managing our engagements with stakeholders in the UK, although will also involve close working with the International Affairs Manager and other members of the Stakeholder Engagement and Corporate Affairs team on various projects.
The Stakeholder Engagement Manager will be a key part of our external facing engagement team, building strong working relationships with key stakeholders and being recognised as a “go to” person on particular engagement priorities or for particular stakeholders.
- The Stakeholder Engagement Manager will have excellent communications skills, including the ability to convey complex technical concepts and ideas to various technical and non-specialist audiences.
- They will be confident in their ability to initiate and build lasting relationships with and to influence key external and internal stakeholders and be able to credibly represent the FRC with external stakeholders.
- They will have a sound understanding of accounting and audit standards, the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship codes and emerging relevant issues including ESG reporting.
- They will have an interest in and a strong understanding of the audit reform agenda and the relevant public policy issues.
- They will bring their own network of stakeholders from across the FRC’s stakeholder ecosystem and be a key part of our work in expanding our relationships.
- Take responsibility for project management of multiple defined tasks and, lead and advise more junior staff in the delivery of assignments.
- Lead the process of building and maintaining the FRC’s stakeholder database and manage the process for regular FRC wide information sharing, to give feedback on outcomes of stakeholder engagement and formulate recommendations to inform the organisation’s engagement strategy and identify priority areas for focus.
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holders should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary. Some travel may be required.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
Please apply by emailing a copy of your CV and covering letter to the FRC Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the covering letter, please set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK
- confirm your current package and benefits, and
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is 30 October 2020
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's