16 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
A Global leader in its field this organisation has recently moved to a stage in its growth that requires extra internal controls support. A great environment and team who work together to support one another and to promote business excellence. An exciting time to join the team at a time of change, progression and growth. If you are a SOx expert you would be joining at a time when your skill set is of great value to the business. If you would like to feel valued this is the role for you.
Your new role
The role will be responsible for specific aspects of the Group's Sarbanes Oxley implementation. The Accountant will prepare documentation end to end of key business processes and entity level controls for management's assessment of SOX. This role will be responsible for meeting with control owners to gain an understanding of and request evidence for control operation. The individual will gather and evaluate populations for completeness and will create work papers to document testing performed and conclusions reached. This role will require organised and concise preparation of work papers in accordance with team methodologies providing assurance the work performed supports the conclusions drawn. This role will be responsible for coordinating and communicating with the external audit team, the Internal SOX team, and business leadership. As part of the global team, you will have the unique opportunity to understand different business process areas across a global company. You will engage with varying layers of leadership to evaluate day-to-day operations and financials and translate risks to big picture issues that directly impact the business and customers. You will directly be involved in the SOX 404 program to evaluate and test controls to help ensure the group can effectively meet its financial objectives.
- Communicate with business process owners and assist in the documentation of risks, controls, and processes
- Prepare internal control procedures and document findings and conclusions in test workpapers
- Communicate with SOX Compliance management regarding testing status, testing issues, and deadlines. Follow up with control owners to ensure that agreed-upon action plans have been implemented
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the business areas, including understanding changes to business processes and procedures and potential impacts to the controls being tested
- Assist in identifying opportunities for improving internal controls over financial reporting. Work with process owners to assist in the design and implementation of new controls and best practices, as appropriate.
- Assist external auditors as required and at the direction of the SOX managers
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in internal audit, risk consulting, or external audit
- Experience with SOX 404 compliance - preferred
- Large company experience - preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, with an exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, problem solve, and prioritise, as well as demonstrate excellent communication skills in order to successfully meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What you'll get in return
23 days holidays plus bank holidays
Pension 3% employer and 5% employee
A supportive and friendly team
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.