Senior VAT Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior VAT Analyst|
|Salary:||£350.00 - £380.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Tasha De Keyser|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2019 14:56|
Global financial services company requires a Senior VAT analyst on a 12 month FTC- £380 per day .
A global financial services company requires a Senior VAT analyst on a 12 month FTC- £380 per day .
A multinational financial services company requires a Senior VAT analyst to join their tax team in their Central London offices. Based on market capitalisation, the group is one of the largest of its kind globally, with operations in 38 countries with 84,000 employees. In North America the company is one of the leading diversified financial services group, providing commercial and personal banking as well as asset management, insurance, capital market products and investor services.
Reporting directly to the Head of Indirect Tax, in this role your primary responsibility will be to obtain, extrapolate and analyse financial data and assist in general with the preparation of VAT and Corporation tax returns. There will be an 80:20 split between indirect ad direct tax responsibilities.
Further responsibilities include:
- Assist with the preparation of VAT quarterly returns:
- Liaise with Finance, Accounts Payable and other internal groups to obtain information necessary for completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Review inter-company, client and other relevant invoices raised in the period, investigate differences, reconcile and determine VAT treatment
- Assist with investigation and adjustments required in relation to direct attribution
- Carry out various checks in relation to reverse charge, VAT codes, recovery rates, FAC mapping etc.
- Assist with calculating Capital Goods Scheme adjustments
- Assist with EC Sales List
- Apply excel skills to base data for entry into VAT spreadsheets, supporting documentation and VAT return
- Assist with investigation and preparation of VAT ECNs
- Assist with the preparation of corporation tax returns, quarterly tax reporting, tax forecasts and year end statutory accounts
- Interact and obtain data from finance necessary for the performance of various direct tax compliance functions
- Analyse management accounts, breakdowns of certain eGL balances, bonus data, fixed asset breakdowns, risk weighted assets etc.
- Apply excel skills to base financial data for display and data entry into tax spreadsheets and tax computations
- Assist with the calculation of tax figures for quarterly tax reporting, corporation tax returns and year end statutory accounts
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of direct and indirect tax accounts
- Generally assist with HMRC direct and indirect tax enquiries
- Manage requests from business units for Certificates of tax residence, liaise with HMRC and head office tax as required
- Assist with the completion of tax documentation for reduction/exemption of withholding tax under domestic legislation and Double Tax Treaties
- Assist with ad-hoc VAT and corporation tax matters as delegated
To be successful you will be part or fully qualified with strong VAT knowledge and experience within financial services. Ideally the candidate will have the ability to deal with corporate tax matters as well to manage the 80:20 split between indirect and direct tax responsibilities. In return, you will receive a day rate of up to £380 and have the opportunity to take the role on permanently at the end of your contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Tasha de Keyser on 0203 465 0138.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's