£50000 - £51000 per annum
12 days ago
Senior Indirect Tax Analyst EMEA to join the EMEA Tax Department based in London to support the cloud computing business, focusing on VAT advisory.
Global technology business offering cloud-based products and services that help organisations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale. Our client is trusted by the largest enterprises and the hottest start-ups to power a wide variety of workloads including web and mobile applications, game development, data processing and warehousing, storage, archive, and many others.
As a Senior Indirect Tax Analyst EMEA focusing on VAT advisory, you will be able to work with a high level of autonomy and independence, supporting the business as it expands in EMEA and an increasing number of countries introducing legislation to bring within the scope of VAT supplies of services rendered by non-residents.
Advising the business will allow you to be exposed to many jurisdictions in EMEA, as well as a variety of topics, including ESS, telecommunications, training, movements of goods, due diligence relating to acquisitions, launch of new products, etc. There will also be scope for dealing with local tax authorities.
As a Senior Indirect Tax Analyst EMEA focusing on VAT advisory, strong analytical skills and the ability to understand processes and systems is essential, along with excellent knowledge of VAT legislation in at least 1 EU country. Adaptibility and organisation will be key, a quick learner too, with a positive attitude will be the correct culture fit - essential to pass selcection/ Communicating effectively with all levels of management will be a daily requirement and so this should be an honed skill, alongside the ability to work independently with limited supervision, effectively prioritizing competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
Note that for you application to be considered you MUST meet the bellow minimum requirements
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or ACA/CTA/ACCA/other professional tax, accounting or legal qualification
- Minimum 3 years' experience in indirect tax advisory preferably in the EU, (not just compliance)
- Experience working in a business with multinational activities (not just domestic) within an indirect tax function; or a legal or accountancy firm; or tax authorities with exposure to multinational taxpayers / cross-border transactions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- SAP, Oracle or other similar Accounting / ERP system
- Second language
C£50,000 + competitive benefits package