Senior Specialist, Charitable Trusts
|Job Title:||Senior Specialist, Charitable Trusts|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + excellent benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||June 15, 2021 08:16|
Unique opportunity to work in a leading private bank as part of the Products & Professional Services Team.
Your new company
Outstanding opportunity to work in a leading private bank as part of the Products & Professional Services Team where you will design, develop, deliver and manage the Master Charitable Trust and other Charitable Trusts.
Your new role
Responsible for the design, development, delivery and management of Charitable Trusts' service, including the CHC Master Charitable Trust, in line with agreed Bank strategy.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Meet and communicate with customers regarding their individual structures; travel to attend client meetings, as required.
- Promote meetings with Professional Advisers including lawyers, accountants, investment managers and tax advisors to foster and cement good relationships and identify potential new business opportunities
- Monitoring Income and expenditure to achieve optimum contribution.
- Assist with staff training as appropriate with specific responsibility for staff who reports directly; conduct individual staff appraisals as agreed including setting goals, targets and identification of training needs.
- Overall responsibility of protecting the Bank's risk and reputation, by identifying, assessing, addressing and monitoring the risks and keeping Risk Register up to date and ensuring Risk framework is implemented effectively.
- Recoding and reporting material losses;
- Ensure the banks is compliant for HMRC regulatory purposes
- Monitoring the achievement of Departmental objectives as set on an annual basis.
- Receiving reports of suspicious activity from any employee in the business.
- Considering all reports and evaluating whether there is - or seems to be - any evidence of money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Reporting any suspicious activity or transaction to the National Crime Agency (NCA) by completing and submitting a Suspicious Activity Report
- Asking the NCA for a defense to a money laundering offence (where applicable).
- Putting in place AML controls and procedures, record keeping, AML training.
- To ensure that all responsibilities relating to Risk, as documented in the Bank's Risk Management Framework, are undertaken.
- The incumbent will also be required to be the Nominated Office for HMRC re Regulation of the bank. Incumbent will work in conjunction with the Head of Compliance where appropriate. The duties will involve:
What you'll need to succeed
What you will bring to the role:
- Self-motivating/pro-active/someone who wishes to develop constantly their professional capabilities.
- Ability to work in a close team, with an appreciation of the values and culture of the Bank.
- Ability to develop very effective relationships with all departments in the Bank, with customers and introducers of business.
- Highly articulate, good command of English, both verbal and written, excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a strong customer focus and will have common sense, excellent attention to detail and a pride in their work.
Necessary experience or qualifications:
- Level/A Level essential, university degree (not essential) and qualified Trust and Estate Practitioner (STEP)
- Practical in-depth experience in Charitable Trustee matters with wider knowledge in all Trustee matters preferred
- Investment knowledge in line with FCA/STEP requirements;
- Sound Management and motivational skills to ensure best use is made of both human and other resources
- Ability to convey clear interpretations and explanations of technical matters to beneficiaries, trustees and other colleagues;
- Job holder must have extensive knowledge of legislation and tax regulation affecting not only Trusts and Estates but also individuals;
- Attend appropriate conferences plus relevant reading to achieve minimum 30 hours annual CPD and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Planning and Organisational ability
- IT literate-Word, outlook, excel and PowerPoint.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior IT Auditor, Banking
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Senior Project Accountant - Financial Services
£55000 - £65000 per annum + bonus
AVP - Tax Accountant
City of London, London
£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + + benefits
Accountant - Alternative Assets (Qualified)
20000 - 55000
£40,000 - 50,000