Senior Property Accountant / Team Leader - Real Estate
|Job Title:||Senior Property Accountant / Team Leader - Real Estate|
|Location:||South London, London|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Dominic Davies|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2019 17:11|
Senior Property Accountant / Team Leader - Real Estate. Our Client is a well-established professional property advisor who provide a range of property management services to developers and private clients. They have now appointed us to recruit for a Senior Property Accountant/Team Leader who will be responsible for the maintenance of their accounts records and to also provide support and leadership to their client reporting and accounting team.
The Role of the successful candidate for the Property Accountant/ Team Leader role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Managing an office-based portfolio accountancy team and ensuring they meet their obligations.
- Preparing year end accounts including re-allocation of costs.
- Preparing Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports together with all other associated breakdown reports for the auditors.
- Responsible for audit process, liaising with external auditors and filing with the relevant property team.
- Approving draft accounts, liaising with the property manager and the board.
- Responsible for statutory accounts filed with Companies House and Revenue.
- Preparing budget templates, including uploading onto the system.
- Managing service charge demands and ad hoc costs to tenants as required.
- Preparing management reports on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Monitoring the cash flow and managing outstanding creditors on regular basis.
- Encouraging and monitoring training of staff under management and ensure proper records are kept.
- Interpreting company policies, procedures and relevant legislation, researching where required and providing advice consistently.
The Person: To apply, YOU MUST have previous experience in residential property and service charge accosting and be technically strong a similar role and should be ACCA/CIMA/AAT qualified (or part qualified). The successful candidate will also have knowledge of a recognised property management system such as QUBE/PROPMAN/TRAMPS/YARDI/VECO etc., as well as using Excel. The preferred candidate must demonstrate an understanding of preparing reports i.e. financial reports, budgeting etc. You should also have good communication skills both verbally/written.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Credit Controller - Property
£20000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
£55000 - £65000 per annum
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Fixed Asset Accountant
£50k - 55k per year