17 days ago
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Payroll Administrator looking to join a dynamic team. Client contact and payroll skill development on offer in this successful team.
This very successful business and professional services firm of accountants has developed a strong reputation for delivering quality services, along with building strong relationships with its wide-ranging client bases, across varying industries and size of the client. The firm offers a very supportive and team-focused environment, reflected by a low staff turnover and long-serving staff. A paperless, digitally-transformed firm who strongly believe in using technology to help their clients stay on top of their books and accounts.
The key responsibilities for this Senior Payroll Administrator role at a leading accountancy firm based in Newport are:
- Processing weekly and monthly payrolls using mainly Sage 50 Payroll software but also Quickbooks and Xero (employee numbers ranging from 1 to 700).
- Processing Auto Enrolment pension contributions and assessing employee eligibility.
- Preparing pension files and uploading to a range of pension providers.
- Preparing bank payment files and processing payments.
- Producing documents including summary reports and journals.
- Issuing documents for employees including payslips and P45 forms.
- Understanding legislation surrounding tax, National Insurance, Real-Time Information and Auto Enrolment pensions.
- Manually calculating pay from gross to net and statutory entitlements where necessary to assist with queries.
- Dealing with enquiries from clients, their employees and HMRC.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Senior Payroll Administrator role at a leading Accountancy firm in Newport, you must be:
* Previous experience working in an accountancy practice environment, or bureau environment. Alternatively, you may have a career background specialising in payroll, within industry and commerce, which could also work, equally well, should you be able to demonstrate the right skills and approach to dealing with multiple payrolls.
* Demonstrate a good understanding of payroll addition and deduction payments.
* Excellent time management and organisation skills.
* Previous experience with Xero, Quickbooks, and Sage 50.
* Great people and management skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* The ability to work accurately and analyse a range of financial information.
* Great work ethic and eye for detail.
Competitive salary (negotiable and dependent on salary).
Fantastic office location.
Well established, supportive team.
Flexible working hours.