Senior Manager, Technical Accounting
|Job Title:||Senior Manager, Technical Accounting|
|Salary:||£90000 - £110000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, LTIP|
|Contact Name:||Chris Brannigan|
|Job Published:||March 13, 2020 11:39|
Our client is a listed energy company headquartered in London.
Owing to growth they are now seeking a strong accountant to join as Senior Manager, Technical Accounting.
This high-profile role is responsible for owning the accounting for complex transactions and providing transaction focused determinations.
The position offers the opportunity to work closely with Financial Accounting, Business Development, Treasury and Legal teams together with significant exposure to key finance management up to Board level.
The company are continuing their growth in a niche area of sustainable energy and this is a postion with great career potential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with a variety of internal teams on technical accounting issues including the treatment of high value or complex items (acquisitions, disposals, financings, debt modifications and equity issuances).
- Coaching members of the Financial Reporting team in areas of complex accounting.
- Monitoring the issuance of accounting standards and owning the implementation process.
- Preparation and presentation of technical accounting updates to the Audit Committee.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual reports and facilitate the internal review for these documents.
- Managing communications with external auditors on technical accounting issues.
- A chartered accountant with hands on experience in advising on transactions;
- Experience in US GAAP/IFRS and external financial reporting;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to understand the big picture (ability to quickly structure, understand and solve complex issues);
- Self-starter, comfortable working in an autonomous role in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills, with the ability to convey complicated finance issues in a straight forward jargon-free manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and gain credibility across the group including providing finance/commercial support at Board level.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Senior Project Manager
Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Senior Financial Accountant (Renewable Energy)
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + bonus
Audit Senior Manager - Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working)
48000 - 77000
Yorkshire and the Humber