Senior Manager – Private Client Tax Advisor
|Job Title:||Senior Manager – Private Client Tax Advisor|
|Contact Name:||Brendan Mare|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2019 10:04|
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Salary between £60,000 - £85,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Menzies LLP is currently looking for a passionate & talented tax professional to be our new Senior Manager in Private Client Tax Advisory. This is a key position based out of either the Egham or Leatherhead office in Surrey and forms part of the wider Private Client Tax service we offer our clients.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Taxation Partners with more complex enquiries and ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Involvement in any Revenue enquiry matters.
- Review client base and identify additional opportunities.
- Maintain regular communication with all clients and related 3rd parties.
- Work in a team with direct responsibility for the mentoring, developing and training of junior managers & trainees.
- Prepare budgets, complete work within budget and report to Partners on any variances from budget, ensuring that all assignments are carried out in a timely fashion and in accordance with the Firm’s procedures.
- Communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships with them.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
The successful candidate will be a proven people manager and passionate about working with clients. The Senior Manager will be required to provide a high quality service to the Partners including making a positive contribution to the development of the Firm’s Private Client offering. You will be expected to develop strong client relationships to grow the client base in this area and be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities within a team, supervise more junior staff and review their work.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our 'BRIGHT' values!
- ACA/ACCA/STEP and/or CTA qualified. This is a pre-requisite for this role.
- High level of technical advisory expertise.
- Self starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team.
- Able to demonstrate relevant practical experience in Private Client tax planning.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing, with the ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients to understand.
- Ability to provide excellent client care.
- Strong relationship building, networking and business development skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Senior Manager in Private Client Tax Advisory then apply online ASAP.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Tax Senior - Private Client
Private Client Tax Senior - Southampton
£35000.00 - £45750.00 per annum + + Benefits
Tax Manager - Private Client - Top 10
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Private Client Tax Assistant
Private Client Tax Director