Senior Management Accountant x 2
|Job Title:||Senior Management Accountant x 2|
|Salary:||£38900 - £43600 per annum + amazing benefits + pension|
|Contact Name:||Ross Brown|
|Job Published:||December 03, 2021 15:50|
Do to growth in the organisation, These 2 new posts will be vital in the success of major programmes and projects across Wales.
My client is a Pan Wales Public Sector organisation with a Head office in Cardiff.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the 2 Senior Management Accountant will be pivotal in the sucess of major programmes of work takig place across Wales.
The Senior Management Accountant will control financial and budgetary information across Directorates, Funding Streams, Activities and Corporate objectives. T
The role will co-ordinate all other Business Finance staff in the undertaking of scenario planning, budget setting and forecasting and reporting activities across Directorates and Head of Business/Service for both current and future financial years. The role will also be key in satisfying our reporting commitments to the Board, Executive Team and Welsh Government.
Key Responsibilities of the role;
- Responsible for the provision of organisation wide level reporting on medium term and short term financial position and in year financial performance, aligning it to operational performance to the Board, Executive Team and WG.
- Responsible for the accurate reporting of 5-year forward look funding position for the organisation, including the coordination, assurance, reconciliation and monitoring of results across Heads of Business/ Service and Directorates.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Detailed Budget Setting process across Heads of Business/Service and Directorates for approval by the Board.
- Lead the provision of financial performance reporting across Directorates and Heads of Business/Service, ensuring it meets the business need, looking for opportunities to continuously improve it.
- Provide expert financial advice and guidance on technically complex areas such as workforce planning, income, activities and funding streams and to external groups such as Welsh Government Scrutiny Committees and to ensure that all our budgetary information (short and medium term) is accurate - by Cost Centre, Account code, Activity and Funding Stream.
- Advocate compliance with our Financial Scheme of Delegation, identifying and then either resolving or referring issues to the specialists for resolution
- Qualified CCAB approved qualification or qualified by experience.
- Experience working within Finance environment at a professional level.
- knowledge of 'Managing Welsh Public Money' Principles & HMT's 'Classification of Receipts'.
- Understand a wide range of our business and environmental activities.
- Understand, interpret and provide advice and solutions on technical and complex financial matters and communicate the results to non-finance staff in an understandable and engaging way.
- Knowledge and understanding of our Finance Scheme of Delegation with an ability to advise others.
Salary in the range of £38,900 - £43,600
(its likely the role will be offered in the £38,900 - £42,000 range)
Career average pension
Home working for now with hybrid future in the coming year(s)
excellent holiday allowance
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
£43000 - £45000 per annum
Interim Management accountant
Management Accountant temporary contract role in Bristol
Interim Senior Financial Accountant
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£400 - £500 per day