Senior Management Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Management Accountant|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Freddie Boath|
|Job Published:||April 15, 2021 11:05|
The Senior Management Accountant will support the provision of traditional management accounting and financial management functions to the assigned units.
Based outside Didcot, my client is a public sector and government body that provides strategic leadership and vision for protecting and improving the sector it supports.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Management Accountant will be:
- To assist the Senior Finance Manager to ensure that for all the assigned activities, relevant financial and non-financial information can be identified, compiled, analysed, measured, interpreted and communicated so that management can satisfactorily evaluate the most appropriate and cost-effective use of resources.
To prepare monthly financial packs for your area of responsibility. This should include updates of activity with FM colleagues and provision of further information to enable the senior managers to carry out their financial responsibilities.
Control issue of reports for relevant Department Heads, Project and Cost Centre Managers. Provide further financial information or analysis as required by managers and budget holders.
Facilitate the preparation of financial statements, budgets and in year forecasts for your area of responsibility. Liaise with managers and budget holders to ensure that they are consistently prepared, monitored and amended as necessary.
To act as the initial point of contact for local management and administrative staff with ad-hoc queries relating to any accounting issues, and to ensure that such queries are resolved by working with other finance and non-financial staff.
To train relevant managers and budget holders to access financial information and reports from the Agency's Oracle (FARM) system.
Develop standard recharging models based on applicable drivers for areas such as accommodation and other shared costs examples.
Develop basic overhead and facility rates where applicable. To include rates for current year budgets and retrospective calculations for customers if required under contract.
To reconcile all internal recharge budgets and actuals relevant to the assigned functions on a monthly basis.
- This list is not exhaustive
The successful candidate for the Senior Management Accountant role will be:
- CIPFA/CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified or be qualified in financial matters by considerable experience.
- Have experience of working in a public sector organisation.
- Have experience of working in a management accounting capacity in the past.
- Have strong written and communication skills
- Be proficient in excel and Microsoft office
- Experience of Oracle is desirable but not essential
My client is offering a 12 month fixed term contract at a rate of £40,000 - £45,000
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Accountant - Adult Social Care
Solihull, West Midlands
£46845 - £53006 per annum
Senior Accountant - Resources and Commercial Finance
Solihull, West Midlands
£46000 - £53000 per annum
Interim Lead Accountant
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£300 - £360 per day
Interim Project Accountant
£375 - 415 per day