Senior Management Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Management Accountant|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + 38 days annual leave, 15% pension|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||November 24, 2020 16:49|
Senior Management Accountant vacancy in Sheffield with a leading Public Sector/Financial Services organisation
Your new company
I'm delighted to be working with a leading Sheffield based employer who operate within the public sector and financial services sector to recruit into a key Senior Management Accountant position within their operational finance team. An organisation who are a leading light in delivering modern working practices, my client embrace flexible working and forward thinking ideas to deliver 'best in industry' service to both external and internal stakeholders.
Your new role
You will join the organisation at a time of exciting business growth. You will develop high quality monthly group consolidated and entity management accounts, monthly operational cost reports and headcount and project reports. This is also a leadership role with significant line management responsibilities and a focus on coaching and developing team members will be key to success.
As a senior member of the Operational Finance team, your role will entail:
- Ensure the integrity of the financial ledgers for the organisation and other entities under the management of the organisation
- Develop high-quality monthly group consolidated and entity management accounts, monthly operational cost reports and headcount and project reports
- Responsible for the control and monthly reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts of the organisation and associated entities, ensuring any differences appropriately reported
- Manage production of annual operational and salary cost budget and forecasts, report actuals against plan and manage monthly / quarterly re-forecasting
- Line-manage direct reports and also coach and develop the wider team
- Deputise for the team Director and represent the Finance department, for example in meetings with the Executive Committee and Government departments
- Introduce a culture of continuous improvement to Finance Operations, working with the team Director and across Finance to maximise the effectiveness of finance processes, reporting systems and the financial control framework
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in producing monthly consolidated management accounts
- Significant experience in management of financial processes and controls, including GL, AP, AR and cash management
- Experience of team management and development
- Excel proficiency
- Experience of using Access Dimensions would be of benefit but not essential
Previous experience of working within a Public Sector organisation is not essential however would be beneficial to the role.
You will also need to hold a CCAB accredited accountancy qualification.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available within this role. The organisation are currently working from home, with some access to offices. They are currently putting in place a formal policy for flexible working arrangements.
Salary of up to £70,000 per annum.
- 15% pension
- Competitive bonus scheme
- 38 days annual leave entitlement (inclusive of bank holiday)
- Flexible working
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Life assurance
- Lifestyle benefits
- Modern, enjoyable working environment
- Supportive & collaborative culture with opportunities to progress
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Management Accountant - Fixed Term Contract
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
PQ Senior Fund Accountant
£32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Senior Change Accountant IFRS
£65000 - £90000 per annum
Senior Forensic Accountant