Senior Management Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Management Accountant|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte Stansfield|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2020 09:39|
To lead a team of Management Accountants and/or Assistant Accountants (potential to manage 1-3 junior accountants) in the development and maintenance of the processes and systems underpinning the provision of divisional accounts.
This will include both the "big picture" and detailed analysis of trends, issues and potential issues. The role will work closely with the divisional executive teams in a collaborative environment.
My client are a well known private equity back business based in Leeds, although they have grown exponentially over the past three years they manage to maintain a strong family-feel culture and collaborative working environment.
Their employees are at the heart of what they do which is reflected in their luxury office space, flexible working on offer and excellent benefits package.
There is minimal red-tape involved and my client are focused on innovative ideas to grow the business further.
The Senior Management Accountant will work closely with the divisional executive teams in a collaborative environment to ensure that all past, present and future management decisions and actions are represented appropriately in the divisional results.
This role demands a confident and skilled qualified accountant. Excellent, professional, communication and negotiation skills are essential as is a proven ability to partner with business functions ensuring a proactive rather than reactive approach.
You will be responsible for the following:
- To lead the team, and work with other teams in finance and non-finance functions to ensure the regular production and analysis of accurate and timely divisional financial andanalytical reporting. Includes:
- co-ordination of month end processes and timetable working with suppliers of information to ensure deadlines are met;
- reporting, analysis and explanation of performance against Plan and Forecasts, reviewing any underlying analysis prepared by the team to ensure it is accurate and controlled and that any interlinked variances are consistent. Highlighting any issues impacting on cash-flow;
- reporting & analysis of margin performance, liaising with the Treasury team to ensure funding is drawn and recorded correctly; and
- oversight of divisional costs ensuring a thorough understanding of the allocations included.
- Maintenance of an appropriate control schedule for all balance sheet reconciliations relating to the division, which can be used as audit evidence, ensuring:
- all accounts are reconciled and reviewed on a regular basis (in line with the agreed schedule);
- reconciliations are clear (in agreed format) and accurate;
- all reconciling items are clearly identified, aged and resolved in a timely manner; and
- any risks or opportunities are highlighted to the Group FC.
- Assist with the preparation of the budget and forecast feeding in any assumptions, issues and/or opportunities to ensure that unnecessary variances are minimised.
- Ensuring all accounting and other policies and practices are adhered to across the team to allow for clear, easy and simple evidence to all interested 3rd parties. Liaison with the external auditors and tax advisors providing analysis and explanations as required.
- To work closely with the functional executive to ensure clear and open communication at all levels, ensuring timely and appropriate escalation of issues to the relevant parties in the business. Including:
- attendance at divisional executive meetings to provide MI and insight on the divisional finances;
- development of appropriate KPIs for the divisional area in conjunction with the key stakeholder
- understanding what support the divisional executive require to enable them to truly own and lead their divisional finances, providing training and education where appropriate.
- management of any conflict which may arise between teams and the division, escalating issues as necessary to the Management Accounting Manager.
- Assist the divisional executive with the preparation of business cases for projects and customer profitability analysis including:
- development of models, evaluation and analysis of profit opportunities;
- challenge of integrity and strategic alignment; and
- provision of recommendations following impact analysis.
- To deputise for Management Accounting Manager when required.
- Other ad hoc tasks which may be required to cover for sickness or holidays in other areas of the business.
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- Qualified Accountant with a proven track record of success in your career to date - ACA/CIMA or ACCA
- A strong academic record
- Confident and good relationship builder
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Willing and able to get stuck into the detail when required
- Excellent Communication skills - be able to tell a story with the numbers
- Flexible approach and ability to work through a fast-paced changing environment
Along with a competitive salary on offer, other benefits include:
- £5k Car Allowance
- Contributory Pension Scheme - 6%
- Buy or Sell up to 5 Days Holiday per year
- Additional days holiday for your birthday
- Private Medical Cover, Life Assurance & Cash Plan
- Flexible Benefits package
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's