£50000 - £63000 per annum
15 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, experienced and professionally qualified Senior IT Auditor to join the IT Audit team within the Group Internal Audit Department on a full-time basis.
One of the UK's most successful businesses within their field.
Analyse, identify and prioritise financial and operational risks within IT areas in order to contribute to the production of the annual audit plan.
Plan, perform and report on individual IT audits covering the agreed scope and objectives to defined timescales, and which meet the requirements of the Audit Plan and Group Internal Audit standards.
Collect and analyse information and conduct tests, in line with agreed scope and plans, to detect deficient or non-existent controls, inefficiencies, fraud or non-compliance with regulations, Group policies and standards.
Evaluate and advise on IT risks and internal controls against changing trends and market/external best practices to identify opportunities to improve internal controls aligned with risk appetite.
Track and verify through follow-up audit actions, to ensure completion of audit actions in accordance with agreed timescales and criteria.
Prepare and issue high quality IT audit reports that record the findings, actions and timescales required to remedy risk and control weaknesses in accordance with departmental standards and SLAs.
Conduct research and develop a detailed awareness of IT to ensure understanding of the business objectives, known and emerging IT risks and controls relevant to the company.
Build and maintain effective working relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery of departmental objectives and to promote a robust control environment for the assigned business area.
Deliver short term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with People Manager.
- Proven experience (minimum of 3 years') working as an IT auditor, flexible on sector industry or practice.
- Proven technical knowledge and understanding of a range of IT platforms, such as mainframe, iSeries, Wintel.
- Proven working knowledge of core IT processes including Change, Incident, Problem, Supplier, Service Continuity and Security Management (including Cyber Security).
- Proven experience of auditing large-scale, complex IT projects.
- Significant experience of end-to-end ownership and completion of IT Audit engagements, requiring minimal supervision to successfully complete assigned work.
- Relevant international standards and quality benchmarks governing internal audit practice, including internal audit code of ethics.
- Experience of use of data analytics would be desirable
Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to convey technical detail in plain English.
Basic salary up to £63,000.
* Competitive salary
* Annual bonus (up to 17.5%)
* Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
* Employee discounts
* Gym subsidy
* Health and wellbeing plan
Flexible working on offer.