Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £42000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare & Fantastic Training
26 days ago
Join a well established Accountancy Practices' IT Internal Audit and Risk Advisory Services team based in Manchester. As a Senior Internal Auditor you will offer a range of advisory and support services across both the private and public sector. You will partner internal audit services, advice on establishing a new functions and provide quality reviews of existing internal audit functions.
You will be joined a well established, global accountancy practice whose clients include both Corporate and Not for Profit businesses.
The Senior IT Auditor responsibilities will include;
- To provide a high quality service to clients in respect of internal audit assignments including both operational and IT assurance elements.
- Plan audit assignments with the assistance of manager/partners as requested
- Responsible for leading on assigned portfolio as senior auditor
- Prepared to be out of office at client sites performing audits (including limited International travel).
- Ensure remote and on site audit work is carried out, including allocation of work within the designated team, in a professional manner
- Ensure the work undertaken is in accordance with the approved plan and budget
- Advise managers of progress on the job and any developments that may lead to change of strategy
- Obtain sufficient evidence to support conclusions drawn and document this within the electronic working papers system, Pentana
- Adopt an integrated assurance approach to audit assignments to include both operational and IT assurance requirements
- Suggest logical solutions to problems
- Prepare draft reports for each audit on time, to enable agreed client protocols to be met
- Ensure closing meetings are held on each assignment prior to leaving site or remotely
- Respond to client concerns in an efficient and effective manner
- Deliver internal audit work in line with the agreed RAS protocols including timely delivery and completion of work within Pentana
- Provide sound advice to clients and demonstrate knowledge of wider business issues
- Supervise and review junior auditors' work, as required
- Support RAS in technical development as required
- Contribute to the development of new business by attending and presenting at tender opportunities.
In order to be considered to be the Senior IT Auditor you should have;
- CISA qualified or equivalent; knowledge of COBIT
- Proven relevant experience, gained in a similar auditing role
- Good understanding of IT Risks and Controls
- Good understanding of Information Security auditing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to influence internal / external clients and colleagues
- Has proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
The successful Senior IT Auditor will receive;
- Attractive salary of up to £42,000,
- Exposure to wide ranging clients,
- Excellent training with very experienced members of the team,
- Fantastic friendly atmosphere,
- Flexible working on offer.