Senior Investment Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Investment Manager|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £70000 per annum + 38 day holiday,15% bonus,15% pension|
|Start Date:||ASAP/Subject to notice period|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2021 18:03|
Senior Investment Manager role - permanent, up to £70,000 + outstanding benefits
Your new company
I'm delighted to be working with a leading Sheffield based employer who operate within the public sector and financial services sector to recruit into a key Senior Investment Manager position within their commercial business arm. An organisation who are a leading light in delivering modern working practices, my client embrace flexible working and forward thinking ideas to deliver 'best in industry' service to both external and internal stakeholders.
Your new role
You will become key parts of the team responsible for the investment and ongoing management of the organisation fund investment programme.
As a Senior Manager, you will be required to lead on fund investments from origination thorough to deal execution; and to manage a portfolio of fund investments.
The roles will work across the range of activities of the organisation, working with investment colleagues based in multiple offices, and liaising with legal, risk, finance, and external advisors.
The roles require that you should have a good commercial understanding of small businesses operations and finances in order to provide day-to-day transaction leadership on the following activities:
- Financial and Investment Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Negotiation of legal agreements
- Financial Modelling
- Portfolio monitoring and reporting
Key aspects of the role are:
- Critically appraising proposals from fund managers, including in-depth analysis of track records, team dynamics, investment strategy, terms and other aspects, in order to deliver high-quality investment reports.
- Leading investment proposals for new fund investments through the internal investment processes, supervising the work of other team members and reporting to the Director overseeing the transaction.
- Working with internal teams and specialist legal advisors to scrutinise and negotiate investment legal documentation to ensure consistency with the commercial terms agreed;
- Managing a portfolio of fund investments, including attending advisory board meetings as a representative of organisation;
- Dealing with matters arising with fund investments, analysing issues, developing action plans, communicating with interested parties and resolving disputes;
- Preparing reports and analysis of investment and fund activities, dealing with specific queries from within the team or from stakeholders;
- Working on the range of fund management and equity investment activities in support of the organisation's objectives such as supporting with co-investment transactions in portfolio funds, as required;
- Assisting in the marketing and promotion of funds, e.g. by producing publicity materials, attending conferences or speaking at events.
What you'll need to succeed
This is a key appointment within the organisation, and as such, you must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, bringing experience of working in a fund management, investment banking, corporate finance or commercial lending environment to the role.
You will have knowledge or experience of venture capital funding and due diligence and a sound understanding of financial accounts and reporting. The organisation require significant operational knowledge of Microsoft Office software, alongside experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and customers and of developing external networks to mutual advantage.
You will be a highly numerate graduate with a good degree in an analytical discipline (e.g. Economics, Accounting, Law, Engineering or Science), OR hold significant operational experience which demonstrates leadership, numeracy and analytical capability
A professional accounting qualification or investment management certificate is desirable.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
The salary for this role is up to £70,000 per annum, and will feature a generous bonus alongside this based on individual and company performance.
You'll benefit from a very modern and forward thinking workplace, with a wealth of talent working alongside you as colleagues.
- 38 days annual leave
- 15% employer contribution pension
- Various employer benefits
- Some working from home flexibility
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Financial Reporting Manager
£65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum
Audit Senior Manager (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + Benefits
Audit Senior Manager – Commercial (Happy to talk flexible working and to consider reduced hours/job shares)
£Competitive + Benefits
Audit Senior Manager - Not For Profit (Happy to talk flexible working and to consider reduced hours/job shares)
£Competitive + Benefits
30000 - 35000