Senior Internal Auditor - FSTE 250 Public Services Provider
|Job Title:||Senior Internal Auditor - FSTE 250 Public Services Provider|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Angus King|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2020 17:39|
You will work on a broad range of internal audit reviews across the client's global operations
For our client, not only is the nature of the work they do important, but everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. They are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. Our client are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
* Audit Engagement Planning: Assist in developing the Audit Scope and work programme through attendance at discussions with management and documentation of key control steps and processes. Contribute to auditee meetings and discussions.
* Fieldwork: Complete sections of the audit work programme under the direction of the Internal Audit manager.
* Reporting: Contribute to the production of the Audit Report, ensuring that all findings and recommendations arising from your sections of the work programme are factually accurate and aligned to the business' objectives.
* Follow-Up: Monitor and report the status of audit issues and agreed actions identified during audit work, reporting monthly on the status of those issues.
* Risk and Control: Keep abreast of current and emerging legal, regulatory, governance, audit, accounting and financial reporting standards.
* Moving towards 'best practice': Participate in and contribute to various workstreams we have initiated in 2020 as part of a comprehensive plan to move the GIA function towards best practice over the next 1-2 years.
* 2-3 years Financial or Operational business experience (typically demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility in the auditing profession and/or other relevant disciplines).
* Exposure to, and experience of, a broad range of operational and financial systems, processes, risks and controls.
* Educated to degree level, preferably in accounting, business or a related field.
* Studying for a professional accountancy and/or internal auditing qualification (e.g. CIA); or already qualified.
* Good understanding of business and operational risk and control processes and procedures.
* Knowledge of commercial and financial policies and practices and planning and operational cycles.
* Some understanding / experience of working in a multi-national business.
* Able to discuss issues arising from your work and take account of and accommodate other's views, whilst still retaining appropriate professional scepticism and holding your ground under pressure.
* Good report writing skills.
Our client will also consider candidates from other backgrounds that are relevant to our businesses / operations (including risk management, project management, contract management, forensic investigations etc) provided they are suitably qualified.
Travel: 50% UK and international
Salary: Up to £50,000 + Car allowance
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Deputy Head of Internal Audit
£45000 - £51000 per annum + excellent benefits
Senior Accountant FTC
£40000 - £42000 per annum
Senior Management Accountant
£42000 - £50000 per annum
Senior Accountancy Officer
£32000 - £37000 per annum
Senior Finance Business Partner
Up to £407.08 per day