Birmingham, West Midlands
26 days ago
Are you a Project or Project Audit Professional looking for a new opportunity? For example, a Project Manager or PMO Manager looking for a career change or new challenge? If you are then this could be the perfect role for you.
Leading Financial Services business in the Midlands.
This company is looking to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor - Change to provide risk based assurance on the delivery of projects, in line with the Internal Audit plan agreed with the Audit Committee.
- Undertake change / project audit reviews at various stages of the project lifecycle, and other assignments, as directed by the Internal Audit Manager
- Attend project / steering groups to provide audit oversight and be a 'critical friend'
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager in enhancing the Project Audit Methodology
- Regularly apprise senior management of control issues, trends and make practical recommendations
- Complete planned work within specified target dates, and to CIIA and agreed departmental standards, including maintaining a strong and open dialogue with audit management and other key stakeholders.
Skills & Attributes
- Strong project or programme management experience (gained working with large projects) is required
- Conversant with technology and the delivery of technical solutions would be preferable
- Previous experience of carrying out change audits preferred, however not essential
- Preferably experience working in financial services sector
- Relevant professional qualification
- Ability to make professional judgements on the adequacy and effectiveness of control frameworks, demonstrating commercial awareness and sound business judgement
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to challenge and influence
- Strong analytical skills
- High degree of personal motivation and initiative
Up to £55,000 plus benefits.