Senior Internal Auditor
|Job Title:||Senior Internal Auditor|
|Contact Name:||Ross Brown|
|Job Published:||May 15, 2020 14:17|
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Accountant/Internal Auditor to join a well known Public Sector organisation based in Newport.
My client is a very well known organisation based in Newport.
The Internal Audit function has built a strong reputation within the organisation and is continually seeking ways to enhance and improve its own service, and the ways in which the organisation delivers on its outcomes. The position requires an individual with the gravitas needed to thrive in the challenge of this complex environment and a self-motivated individual who can buy into the vision that has been set for Internal Audit.
The scope and nature of the organisation enables diversity in your career options as you progress. The organisation will support your career through technical training, coaching and development, and provide access to a highly varied portfolio of work.
* Take a lead on the delivery of all aspects of more complex risk based internal audit assignments. This includes; planning and leading scoping meetings with senior stakeholders to agree a Terms of Reference, completion of audit fieldwork; leading close meetings to agree audit findings; and producing a robust evidence based draft report, in line with quality, time and budget requirements.
* Manage individual and team audit budgets effectively, and proactively identify issues affecting delivery, providing solutions and options ahead of deadlines.
* Undertake reviews of the auditors working papers to ensure the standards of the HIA and professional standards have been met.
* Support the implementation of audit software and the evolution of the audit methodology for the function to meet professional standards and best practice set within government.
* Oversee the production of MI for Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
* As part of the ongoing transformation, look to continuously improve your own development and that of the wider team, nurturing talent and looking for opportunities to develop staff needs.
* Supporting the relationship with our co-sourcing partner.
* Play an active role in developing relationships with senior stakeholders and across the organisation in order to gain business intelligence and promote the role of Internal Audit.
* Take a lead on the follow up of previous internal audit recommendations ensuring risks are mitigated.
Some travel will be required between sites.
* Relevant Professional qualification ACA, ACCA, CIPFA or IIA
* Experienced in developing and delivering risk based internal audit assignments from planning stage through to reporting, within deadlines.
* Strong experience in the delivery of a wide range of audits at both strategic and operational levels that have delivered impactful assurance.
* A strong track record in delivering and presenting high quality internal audit reports to final stage.
* Experience of working effectively in large, complex organisations.
* Experience of influencing and working with a wide range of stakeholders to develop effective governance, risk management and internal control arrangements.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Confidence and personal credibility to build relationships.
* Ability to demonstrate sound judgement in responding quickly to fast moving priorities.
* Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple pieces of work in a dynamic environment.
* Experience of conducting risk based internal audits within data rich and technology focused organisations.
* Experience of working in a central government or large data organisation.
A very competitive salary.
Good work-life balance - working options include flexible working arrangements Monday to Friday between 7am and 7pm;
* Highly competitive contributory Civil Service Pension;
* Generous holiday allowance - 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years' service in addition to public holidays;
* Career development and progression - Career pathway options such as apprenticeships and recognised qualifications for a variety of professions are available;
* Up to 3 days paid leave per year for voluntary opportunities;
* Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks of statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and statutory paternity leave of 2 weeks plus an additional week of departmental paternity leave all at full pay
* Free onsite car parking
* Cycle to work scheme
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Internal Auditor - Large Housing Association (Kent)
Head of Internal Controls & Risk
City of London, London
£60000 - £64000 per annum + Benefits
Senior Year End / Financial Accountant
Up to £550.00 per day + inside IR35
£300 - £400 per annum
Lewes, East Sussex
£52845 - £58724 per annum