Senior Internal Auditor
|Job Title:||Senior Internal Auditor|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + 18% bonus, car, leading package|
|Start Date:||To suit successful candidate|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||March 17, 2020 10:47|
Senior Internal Audit & Risk vacancy with excellent package and minimal travel.
Your new company
I'm delighted to be working with a leading FTSE100 service based company who are seeking to appoint a Senior Internal Audit & Risk Advisor to their group Internal Audit team.
An opportunity to join a diverse, progressive and collaborative team which is lead by one of the leading authority figures in Audit and Risk in the UK.
Your new employer is a business who are progressing through a substantial period of change and turnaround. This organisation has successfully implemented the first stages of this plan and are seeing the positive impact of the changes already. The organisation now offers this exciting opportunity at a time of significant change to be a key part of this journey with excellent career progression prospects.
Your new role
Your new position will require you to draw on your skills and experience to deliver risk-based internal audits across all areas of the business, providing assurance over the key controls mitigating Group risks.
Your role will be a uniquely diverse one, agreeing pragmatic, commercial solutions with management that balance the cost against the associated risk. You will also play a key role in ensuring that risk management activities, monitoring and reporting are successfully embedded in the Business.
Working in a sociable team of internal audit experts, you will complete Group internal audit engagements successfully from planning stage to report publication, and subsequent follow-up of recommendations, adding tangible value at all stages.
- You will plan, execute and report on risk-based audits, seeking stakeholder agreement to pragmatic solutions that balance the business benefit against the associated risk. You will build strong relationships with key senior stakeholders in the business, and leverage these to drive the internal audit plan.
- You will be confident using data analytics to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency and be confident operating in an increasingly digital environment. You will help deliver an agile audit methodology.
- You will plan and conduct risk workshops to facilitate the development and maintenance of business risk profiles, and to develop assurance proposals on emerging or changing areas of risk for escalation to the Internal Audit management team.
- You will identify and develop continuous improvement activities that enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of Internal Audit & Risk Management, you will provide support as needed to produce reports for the Risk Management Committee and Audit & Risk Committee.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have demonstrable experience of internal auditing and risk management to a highly professional standard. This will be supported by a CCAB / MIIA / IRM qualification, or equivalent. With experience in designing and performing data driven audits, you will use analytics and an awareness of key systems to find results and data.
- You will have experience of a complex operating environment within a large business, with demonstrable risk and control awareness at a high level. You will have highly developed financial or operational awareness, supported by your analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Your broad industry knowledge will be reinforced by your confident abilities working with data and IT systems. You will have demonstrable evidence that you can deliver high quality in fast-paced work environments.
The ideal candidate will have qualified in the last 1-2 years and now looking for a move into a commercial environment. You'll demonstrate experience of risk-based audit methodologies, as well as governance, risk and control activities.
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity to further your career in a fast moving, commercially focused business where internal audit has an excellent reputation for talent.
Salary: up to £50,000 per annum + car/allowance
Benefits include an up to 18% bonus scheme, private medical cover and a generous retail discount.
You'll also benefit from a competitive holiday allowance of 27.5 days + statutory days and a leading pension scheme.
There is limited travel within your role, up to 20%, and flexible working options available.
The business offers outstanding progression opportunities and you will be working with like-minded individuals who work in a collaborative and modern fashion.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Yorkshire and the Humber
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Great Benefits Package
£41,000 - 50,425 per year + 15% market salary supplement
Internal Auditor - 12 month fixed term contract
£50000 - £55000 per annum + car allowance
Audit Manager & Lead Auditor
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£35475 - £42831 per annum + Pension, Healthcare
Senior Finance Analyst
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits