Senior Internal Auditor
|Job Title:||Senior Internal Auditor|
|Contact Name:||Sarah McHugh|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2020 18:41|
We are seeking ACCA , ACA or IIA/CIA qualified internal audit specialists to work across a range of public or corporate sector clients. We would be particularly interested in individuals who have experience of Sarbanes-Oxley work in addition to Internal Audit, but most importantly are looking for ambitious qualified staff keen to progress their careers in a large multi-national accounting and advisory practice. Our continued growth across markets has led to further opportunities coming onto the market. We work across a range of specialist sectors and would in particular welcome candidates with experience in Central Government, Manufacturing, Construction, Real-estate and Healthcare.
- You will be responsible for undertaking a range of complex and specialist audits at client sites, across both financial and operational systems. You should:
- Understand the key risks identified by management and the controls put in place to address those risks within each area of the Client’s Annual Audit Plan;
- Manage, perform and control internal audit assignments embracing assignment planning, conducting fieldwork and reporting findings;
- Draft audit planning documents for review by Client/Management;
- Prepare draft audit reports and supporting working files to high quality standards on agreed audits;
- Lead and supervise more junior staff on individual assignments including staff motivation, training and technical audit guidance;
- Perform the audit of more complex and specialist areas;
- Assist management in completion of assignments to time and budget;
- Identify opportunities for further work opportunities at existing clients;
- Participate in the firm’s appraisal and development processes;
- Ensure familiarity and compliance with all the firm’s policies; and
- Any other duties as required by Management
About the Ideal Candidate
You will be a self-starter willing to work hard to progress your career in a dynamic working environment. We are looking for strong individuals able to flourish within a hard-working team environment and who are keen to progress towards management or to specialise within specific areas of Internal Audit moving forwards. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Good technical knowledge of internal audit process, internal control, individual subjects and relevant sector experience.
- Ability to review and control technical content of work of others to ensure compliance with relevant regulation and Internal Audit Standards.
- An understanding of the range of services that RSM provides to meet clients’ needs.
- Oral – able to express ideas and information with clarity and confidence, especially when communicating with clients.
- Good working relationship with clients to understand their needs and requirements.
- Relay appropriate and timely information in respect of assignments to others.
- Listening – demonstrate the ability to listen, evaluate and apply information gained.
- Written – prepare draft reports and technical working papers.
Commitment / Attitude
- Take responsibility for resolving issues by either dealing with them personally or referring upwards where required;
- Be pro-active and demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement, such as raising queries and challenging existing practices;
- Ability to be flexible when managing inconsistent and varying workloads
- Access to a car and a clean driving licence.
- Qualified to ACA, ACCA, IIA/CIA or equivalent.
- Flexibility and willingness for some travel – this may vary dependent upon where based.
- At least two years working within Internal Audit.
- Experience of Internal Audit within the public sector.
- Experience of Internal Audit within the corporate sector.
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's