Senior Internal Auditor
|Job Title:||Senior Internal Auditor|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2019 10:42|
Location: Harwell (Oxfordshire), Warrington (Cheshire) or Whitehaven (Cumbria) with willingness to travel regularly throughout the UK
Salary: £Commensurate with experience, including excellent benefits package
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) is a non-departmental public body created to clean up the UK’s earliest nuclear safety sites safely, securely and cost-effectively, with care for people and the environment.
The work to clean up the UK’s nuclear legacy is the largest, most important environmental restoration project in Europe.
The NDA is undergoing a change in the way it is organised. The creation of ‘One NDA’ will transform the management of its businesses – working together to find more effective and efficient approaches to nuclear clean-up and decommissioning, on behalf of the tax-payer.
There are around 16,000 people who help deliver NDA’s mission and they make up one of the most advanced nuclear workforces in the world. One NDA plans to capitalise on this wealth of experience and talent, harnessing the opportunities that come from the scale and breadth of the group.
At this exciting and challenging time, the NDA is seeking to appoint a Senior Internal Auditor, who will report directly to the Head of Group Internal Audit. This role facilitates the delivery of the NDA and subsidiary audit plans, by leading the day-to-day management and fieldwork of audits. The role supports delivery of the Group Internal Audit Target Operating Model (TOM) and is responsible for production of various reports for the NDA and subsidiary Executive and Audit and Risk Assurance Committee (ARAC).
The role will require regular interaction with senior stakeholders such as the NDA Executive, NDA Group Executives and risk and assurance functions within NDA and the group.
- Provide input into the development of internal audit plans and play a lead role in developing terms of reference and delivering audits.
- Manage the delivery of internal audit reviews for a range of straightforward to medium complexity audits, ensuring compliance with all professional and regulatory requirements and collaboration across the business and with external support.
- Prepare high quality, concise final reports and briefs for review by (senior) Internal Audit Manager and onward submission to internal and external stakeholders (including government).
- Responsible for managing the delivery of internal audit and quality reviewing reports produced by more junior auditors in the team.
- Responsible for delivery of aspects of the Group Internal Audit TOM.
- Prepare various reports for the NDA and subsidiary Executive and ARAC.
- Support more senior colleagues when working with other risk and assurance functions within NDA and the group.
- Participates in industry forums and external meetings.
The NDA is very keen to discuss this opportunity with individuals who have demonstrated personal achievement at Senior Internal Auditor level in large complex public or private sector matrix organisations. You will, ideally, have gained significant Corporate Governance Internal Audit experience, dealing with a variety of audits as well as dealing with multiple stakeholders. You will, also have the ability to manage projects and audit resource, to achieve quality, effectiveness and efficiency. You will be a CCAB Qualified accountant or member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CMIIA).
The NDA values the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
To discuss this role in confidence or request a Candidate Brief, please contact Laurence Wolahan T: 020 7259 8743 or M: 07764 902 591 or Nikki Greaves T: 0113 200 3733 or M: 07384 673913 of Hays Executive. The Candidate Brief as well as full information of the appointment process can be viewed on www.hays.co.uk/jobs/OneNDA
To apply, please upload your resume and covering letter, stating why you are the ideal candidate for the position of Senior Internal Auditor at the NDA. Please also include details of current remuneration package.
Closing date for applications: 17th November 2019
Preliminary interviews: 25th to 28th November 2019
NDA interviews: Beginning December 2019
Please note: The above dates may be subject to change
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Internal Auditor
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + 18% bonus, car, leading package
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Interim External Auditor
£350.00 - £500.00 per day
Senior Team Inspector
Audit Senior - Public Sector
Excellent + Benefits