Senior Internal Audit Manager - Media
|Job Title:||Senior Internal Audit Manager - Media|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2019 10:46|
Location: Harwell (Oxfordshire), Warrington (Cheshire) or Whitehaven (Cumbria) with willingness to travel regularly throughout the UK.
Salary: £Commensurate with experience, including excellent benefits package
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) is a non-departmental public body created to clean up the UK’s earliest nuclear safety sites safely, securely and cost-effectively, with care for people and the environment.
The work to clean up the UK’s nuclear legacy is the largest, most important environmental restoration project in Europe.
The NDA is undergoing a change in the way it is organised. The creation of ‘One NDA’ will transform the management of its businesses – working together to find more effective and efficient approaches to nuclear clean-up and decommissioning, on behalf of the tax-payer.
There are around 16,000 people who help deliver NDA’s mission and they make up one of the most advanced nuclear workforces in the world. One NDA plans to capitalise on this wealth of experience and talent, harnessing the opportunities that come from the scale and breadth of the group.
At this exciting and challenging time, the NDA is seeking to appoint a Senior Internal Audit Manager, who will report directly to the Head of Group Internal Audit. This role facilitates the delivery of the NDA audit plan and supports delivery of the subsidiary audit plan by leading the day-to-day management and co-ordination of audits. Delivering a variety of high complexity and sensitivity audits, within a visible role in the business, identifying business needs; delivering audit assignments to a high standard; reporting audit results; supporting delivery of the group internal audit Target Operating Model (TOM) and the production of various reports for the NDA and subsidiary Executive and Audit and Risk Assurance Committee (ARAC).
The role will require regular interaction with senior stakeholders such as the NDA Executive, NDA Group Executives and risk and assurance functions within NDA and the group.
- Support the development of internal audit plans, including input to senior stakeholder meetings and Executive planning meetings with audit sponsors, utilising expert / broader business knowledge.
- Manage the delivery of internal audit reviews for a range of high-complexity audits, ensuring compliance with all professional and regulatory requirements and collaboration across the business and with external support.
- Prepare high quality, concise final reports and briefs for review by the Head of Group Internal Audit and onward submission to internal and external stakeholders (including government).
- Responsible for managing the delivery of Internal Audit and quality reviewing reports produced by more junior auditors in the team.
- Leading the delivery of various aspects of the group internal audit TOM.
- Preparing and reviewing various reports for the NDA and subsidiary Executive and ARAC.
- Responsible for alignment of other risk and assurance interfaces within NDA and the group.
- Participates in industry forums and key external meetings.
You will, ideally, have gained significant Corporate Governance Internal Audit experience, dealing with a variety of audits and are a CCAB Qualified accountant or member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CMIIA).
As this is a high-profile role you will possess hhighly developed communication, influencing and negotiating skills, both written and oral, with an ability to build strong relationships and influence senior stakeholders. The ability to think strategically and identify commercial and practical solutions to facilitate improvements to systems, structures and processes in complex business environments will be beneficial in this challenging group-wide role.
The NDA values the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
To discuss this role in confidence or request a Candidate Brief, please contact Laurence Wolahan T: 020 7259 8743 or M: 07764 902 591 or Nikki Greaves T: 0113 200 3733 or M: 07384 673913 of Hays Executive. Full information of the appointment process can be viewed on www.hays.co.uk/jobs/OneNDA
To apply, please upload your resume and covering letter, stating why you are the ideal candidate for the position of Senior Internal Audit Manager at the NDA. Please also include details of current remuneration package.
Please note: The above dates may be subject to change
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Deputy Head of Internal Audit
£45000 - £51000 per annum + excellent benefits
Local Government and NHS Audit Manager (Happy to talk flexible working)
£Competitive + benefits
Interim Senior Financial Accounting Manager
£500 - 700 per day
Senior Management Accountant
£42000 - £50000 per annum
Senior Accountancy Officer
£32000 - £37000 per annum