Senior Inspector ISAC1 and ISQM1
|Job Title:||Senior Inspector ISAC1 and ISQM1|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newland|
|Job Published:||December 15, 2020 14:30|
- leadership and governance;
- values and behaviours;
- business models and financial soundness;
- risk management and control; and
- evidence on audit quality.
The role involves:
- leading individual tranches of firm-wide and thematic review work, with the assistance of other inspection team members.
- performing inspection work in areas of heightened complexity.
- communicating results of inspection work to the firms and, in some circumstances, through public reporting.
- contributing to the management of the AMS relationships with the firms.
A degree and/or professional qualification, as well as experience working in professional services, risk management or a regulatory field are required. The ideal candidates will have:
- Chartered Accountant qualification (or similar)
- Significant experience at senior manager level or above in the audit profession in the audits of listed and other public interest entities, or a similar level role within the central functions of an audit firm. Or significant prior experience in audit regulation.
- Strong technical auditing and accounting skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including drafting action plans and public reports.
- Ability to challenge the quality of firmwide policies and procedures at the audit firms.
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also contribute to FRC-wide initiatives as necessary.
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 10%.
- Staff Employee Assistance Programme including confidential counselling and work life services.
- Values in Practice Scheme, rewarding performance against our values and behaviours.
- The FRC offers staff the opportunity to save at least 25% on the purchase of a new bike through the Cycle to work scheme.
- The FRC has a strong work/life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
Complete the Diversity Form here
Please apply by emailing a copy of your CV and covering letter to the FRC Recruitment team at email@example.com. In the covering letter, please set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
Note to agencies:
FRC has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates and only engages with agencies who are on our preferred supplier list to support us in sourcing quality candidates. We do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies that are not on our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CVs which are submitted without FRC instruction will be deleted and will not considered as an introduction.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit and Accounts Senior
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Audit and Accounts Senior
43000 - 50000
Senior Manager, Accounting Advisory and Policy
West London, London
Senior Accountant - Resources and Commercial Finance
Solihull, West Midlands
£46000 - £53000 per annum
Audit Senior - Film and TV
market rate salary