£90000 - £110000 per annum + Bonus, pension, home working
12 days ago
This is an exciting newly created leadership role responsible for the Group's external reporting, working alongside the Financial Controllers who are responsible for internal reporting.
My client is an exciting disrupter in the world of retail energy. Since 2009, they have been working to become a net zero carbon business, while helping their customers halve their carbon footprints. By 2030, they aim to be completely carbon free! Up for the challenge? Read on...
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing the External Group Reporting timetable, working closely with internal stakeholders to deliver on-time and accurate submissions to 3rd parties - including covenant reporting and monthly reporting submissions
- Being the Group's go-to IFRS Accounting Lead , researching requirements and presenting options and impact to senior stakeholders. Leading the relationship with advisors as needed
- Lead the Group's Statutory Account requirements , with responsibility for Group consolidation and ensuring all entities are filed on time and accurately. Lead the relationship, process and approval with the external auditors and assist subsidiaries in the use of the statutory accounting software
- Responsibility for developing Group reporting capability , managing and empowering a small team
- Ofgem Finance Representative , liaising with Finance Management to ensure information submissions and reporting requirements are delivered on-time
- Communicating with clarity the requirements and timings of reporting to senior stakeholders, actively managing meeting deadlines
- Work with the wider finance team to integrate financial reporting, driving efficiency through standardisation and automation
- Is this the job for me?
What does it take…
- A qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with at least 5 years PQE
- Experience of multi-entity IFRS consolidation, and a real interest in getting under the skin of the accounting requirements
- Experience of managing multiple Funding (debt and equity) stakeholder requirements, including covenant reporting
- Experience working with ERP systems, preferably Workday
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and who is comfortable proposing, justifying, initiating and implementing change
- Team player - good open communicator and collaborator - keeps colleagues up-to-date, shares and learns without prompting
- An annual discretionary bonus on top of a basic salary between £90-100k
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more...