Senior Group Financial Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Group Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£Competitive +car/car allowance, bonus & bens|
|Contact Name:||Mandy Baines|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2021 19:46|
Your new company
We are very pleased to be working exclusively with one of the regions market leading businesses to recruit a Senior Group Financial Accountant to be based at their offices in Colchester and with the option for hybrid working too.
Your new role
As a key member of the Group Finance Team the Senior Group Financial Accountant will be directly supporting the Global Director Accounting & Tax and have a pivotal role in the monthly and annual reporting cycles. Involvement will include monthly review of entities' performance; reporting Group performance to board and banks; involvement in the monthly consolidation process; annual IFRS statutory reporting and audit as well as holding company oversight.
- Review of monthly exchange rates;
- Upload, review and analysis of entity submissions and narratives;
- Review of inter-co charges and Group inventory adjustments;
- Review monthly cash flow submission and consolidation;
- Consolidation adjustments and group reserves reconciliations;
- Overseeing Group Accountant for production of balances sheet and cash flow;
- Fielding technical queries from entities;
- Monthly reporting to shareholder (PMD reporting)
- Ad hoc analysis and review as required
Monthly Board and Bank Packs
- In conjunction with Group Finance team prepare slides for bank and board packs;
- Assist Group Financial Accountant with written report for bank pack and board packs
Holding Company Accounting
- Assist Group Financial Accountant with monthly accounting;
- Production of Holdco impairment reviews (with Group Financial Accountant
- Direct communication with group audit team;
- Preparation of audit schedules for primary financial statements and disclosure notes;
- Preparation of full IFRS group consolidated financial statements, including primary statements and all disclosure notes;
- Preparation of group goodwill impairment model;
- Others including PPA adjustments;
- Ownership of annual Group pension reporting - liaising with entities and actuaries, collation of entity reporting, production of pension consolidation and disclosures for financial statements, audit and any other queries;
Budgets and Forecasts
- Review entity inputs for budgets and forecasts;
- Oversee consolidation of budgets and forecasts, ensuring eliminations and consolidation entries are complete;
- Running budget / forecast outputs;
What you'll need to succeed
The Senior Group Financial Accountant will hold a professional accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with at least 3 years post-qualification experience. They will posses a solid understanding of consolidation, group accounts, IFRS and respective practical experience.
They will have the ability to produce full IFRS financial statements from scratch, be a team player and have the ability to mentor and coach junior members of the team, manage deadlines and work flexibly and under pressure. They will have strong IT skills including; advanced Excel, excellent analytical skills and be a confident communicator, verbal and written.
What you'll get in return
The Senior Group Financial Accountant will be joining a leading international business at a very exciting time.They will be offered a highly competitive salary, car/car allowance, bonus, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday plus bank holiday and flexible benefits pack. The business offer excellent opportunity for continued personal development and onward career progression too.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group Financial Accountant (Engineering)
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + bonus
Senior Financial Accountant
Senior Financial Accountant
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
£28000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + good benefits
£38000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + + Benefits