£50000 - £55000 per annum + Attractive Benefits
21 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for a qualified finance professional to join a fun and vibrant organisation locally in the Poole area.
This is a position well suited to a finance professional who can offer a strong technical skill set and analytical thinking, will act as a key point of contact for the wider finance function while working closely with the team on site or remotely.
Michael Page are currently supporting a well recognised and successful global business on their latest recruit for a Senior Group Financial Accountant to join the Poole based team (flexible working on offer) on a permanent contract.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Accounting and managing one direct report, the responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Act as a central resource to provide IFRS accounting advice to internal stakeholders
- Support central finance activities such as complex refinancing and restructuring projects, working across disciplines such as Tax, Treasury and Legal
- Develop IFRS accounting advice, accounting policies and guidance notes for the Group's internal guidance
- IFRS point of contact on new and recent accounting developments such as revenue and lease accounting
- Support the production of the Annual Report and Accounts, reviewing and validating in line with latest reporting best practice
- Support the production of financial information for external audit and act as point of contact on specific areas
- Maintain the quality of the Group's financial consolidation through review of monthly reporting, including communication and follow up with local teams.
- Oversight of Group's global IFRS 16 lease accounting reporting
- ACCA / ACA Qualified
- Previous experience and understanding of IFRS reporting standards
- A positive, confident and collaborative approach
- Ideally coming from a public accountancy practice background with understanding of external reporting (advantageous)
Competitive Salary, Internal long-term opportunities & Attractive Benefits