Senior Group Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Group Accountant|
|Salary:||£47000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Thomson|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2019 19:29|
Do your technical finance skills belong in a large, complex organisation? Are you looking to apply your finance qualification in a role that can fast track your career and give you broad exposure across the finance function? Are you looking for a bright, fun working culture surrounded by other high-flying finance professionals?
My client is looking for a Senior Group Accountant based in London to lead on the preparation of financial statements for the Group's entities. This is a newly created role that has been added to the team to reflect the increased demand for accuracy alongside the growth of the organisation. The role reports to the Head of Reporting and will have the following key accountabilities:
- Lead on the preparation of accounts for a number of subsidiary companies, with varying budget sizes, providing scrutiny on each subsidiary to ensure accuracy at Group Accounting level
- Produce annual financial statements and monthly management accounts for the various subsidiaries, including budgeting and forecasting and KPI reporting
- Working in close collaboration across the finance department to ensure year end and audit requirements are met successfully, and seek areas to improve and tighten financial controls
- Focus on the use of financial systems, ensuring that each subsidiary is getting the best out of the systems in use and that there is consistency across each subsidiary
- Work closely with the Head of Reporting to highlight areas for improvement across the subsidiary accounting function and driving through change in a forward-thinking manner.
This is a London-based employer that is expanding around the country, known for providing excellent development opportunities to candidates who are ambitious and who can prove their desire to fast track their careers. Progression opportunities will always be offered internally first, so this is a great chance to kickstart that progression and grow alongside an organisation of increasing complexity.
Furthermore, there is an excellent working culture and strong benefits package including the potential to do some of your work remotely.
To be considered to be the Senior Group Accountant, you should meet the following criteria:
- Be a fully qualified accountant
- Have experience of audit and accounts preparation, with expertise in preparing financial statements, ideally for large, complex organisations
- Be a first-class communicator - strong written and verbal communication will be essential.
First stage interviews can be arranged at short notice and the post can close when the right candidate is found - please apply now!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + benefits
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Brighton, East Sussex
£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
£32000 - £40000 per annum + 25 days hol + flexi hours