£47k - 60k per year + + £5,000 Allowance
24 days ago
London - £55,000
National - £47,000
+ (Up to) £5,000 Accountancy Allowance
The Government Property Agency (GPA) was launched as an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office in 2018. The GPA represents a step change in the way that Government property estate and assets are managed efficiently, by providing innovative and flexible solutions across the Government estate. Our core service is to support departments in business change and workforce transformation. The GPA is the place to be for UK’s leading professionals in estates, commercial, project management and beyond.
The Senior Financial Modeller will be responsible for the content, quality and structure of all financial analysis prepared by the GPA for internal use and for third parties. Output will include undertaking analysis for the Economic and Financial Case sections of the GPA’s business cases for real-estate acquisition/re-location, drafting business case content for the same sections, GPA portfolio valuation, data analysis and reporting.
In addition to this, there will be ample opportunity to lead the analysis in areas such as Data structuring, Portfolio management, ‘Smarter Working’, and in other ad-hoc projects across the GPA’s portfolio, including opportunities to leverage the wealth of data the GPA holds on government estate to provide management information and insight into property, programme and estate performance.
The responsibilities of the Senior Financial Modeller will include
- Collaborating across the GPA’s directorates: Finance, Workplace Services, Commercial and Capital Investments, to understand and interpret the underlying estate strategy as it pertains to the GPA’s strategic objectives, understand the needs and requirements of our customers (departments in GPA’s portfolio), define the scope and outputs of their analysis, and compile the relevant data and assumptions supporting the analysis.
- The GPA work alongside various private sector delivery partners, including: CBRE, Montagu-Evans and AECOM, and you will be able to draw on their expertise where required. As well as working across the breadth of the GPA, and with external subject matter experts, you will have the opportunity to provide guidance on analysis for the GPA’s customers where the expertise isn’t present in house.
- You will be able to not only understand requirements and define the scope of your analysis, but be able to translate this so the output and its implications are understood by both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You will present your work to the GPA’s internal and external stakeholders, including at project meetings, Investment Committee meetings and to HMT
- The financial modelling is undertaken in Microsoft Excel, and as such an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required to be demonstrated.
- The GPA is a forward looking organisation and the post-holder is encouraged to develop improved ways of working, or refine processes to the end of improving outcomes for the GPA and its customers.
- The GPA is a people focussed business and encourages its employees to make full use of training and development opportunities and provides an annual budget for this. You will have the support of two B2 grade members of the Finance Directorate analysis team, and the opportunity to take on line management responsibilities.
The post holder may be required to undertake additional responsibilities as expected in relation to the role and grade.
Key Skills & Experience
- A high level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- VBA coding and Power Queries
- Corporate Finance
- Undertaking complex discounted cash-flow analyses, and value-for-money analyses
- Undertaking analysis in accordance with the HMT Green Book
- Delivering the results of complex financial analyses
- Stakeholder management
- Reporting outcomes and implications of analyses (written and verbal)
- Understanding of commercial property and government real-estate (desirable)
- Qualification at degree or equivalent level in a heavily analytical discipline is essential – for example engineering, economics or finance. Master’s in Business Administration will be favourably considered.
For more information or an informal discussion, please apply via the link, or contact Michael Swinburn at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.