£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + generous hols plus pension
19 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
An ambitious South Wales based business, holding its own in the pandemic and confident about their future growth. If you are not local you may fancy a move to this beautiful area - beautiful towns and villages, a stunning coastline and unspoilt countryside. A fabulous area to settle in! Hybrid working and flexible working planned for the long term.
Your new role
This role would suit a qualified ACA or ACCA with a strong practice background - preferably including some audit experience. You may still be in practice and be ready for your first move into industry - or you may already have cut your teeth in the world of industry already. Either way there is a great career move on offer.
You will be focussed on statutory accounting, financial management and reporting, technical aspects such as mergers and acquisition work and intercompany transactions. As well you will be a key player in the roll out of their new ERP system - plus ongoing involvement and input in improving controls and procedures as they continue to grow.
An indicative job overview below:
- Report to the FD & Board with timely and accurate financial information
- Responsible for all month-end closing activities, ensuring that all month-end journal entries and closing activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and/or review monthly account and bank reconciliations and month-end financial reports.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Ensure compliance with all required tax, regulatory and statutory audit filings.
- Prepare Monthly specific reports and other quarterly financial reports required by the Board and/or Legal Reporting.
- Prepare Annual Budget and Monthly Financial Forecast.
- Lead statutory audit and financial audit processes
- Maintain and develop compliance with Standard Internal Controls and Policies and procedures for internal and external audits.
- Assists with related special projects and perform ad-hoc analysis as requested by the Board and Senior Management team.
- Provide effective analysis of data in such a manner that contributes to the effective management of the company.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic plan, operational plans and budgets.
What you'll need to succeed
To be an ambitious qualified ACA or ACCA - likely to be from a practice background but strong Financial Accountants from industry or public sector would also be very suited. To be ambitious and up for a challenge. Any experience of ERP systems such as SAP, ORACLE or DYNAMICS is also helpful.
What you'll get in return
A tremendous opportunity in a burgeoning, award winning business. A competitive salary and benefits package. Hybrid working planned post Pandemic. Great work/life balance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.