Solihull, West Midlands
£50000 - £55000 per annum
26 days ago
The Senior Financial Accountant position combines operational and tactical roles, supporting key local business initiatives while establishing a strong financial strategy for a long-term profitable growth of the local business.
Our Client is a US owned retail business with a presence in Birmingham, they are a market leader in what they do and the team that you will be joining is unrivalled.
- Act as a key financial support for the Retail leadership team, providing quality reporting and analysis leading to correct strategic and tactical decisions.
- Provide support of the Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Prepare analyses of financial results versus plan, forecast and previous year identifying the root cause of deviations and the story behind the numbers.
- Support business consulting with franchise partners. Coordinate financial planning process of franchisees.
- Provide finance support on expansion, acquisition and other investment projects including post-acquisition activities.
- Assist Retail Director and team in the overall assessment of the channel P&L, product and country/market performance and support in negotiations when required.
- Set-up and maintain reporting standards of the channel P&L, risk and opportunities, etc.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analyses to support decision-making process.
- Support the team in managing retail partner issues and interact internally (cross-functionally) and externally to help solving issues which could impact customers business relationship.
- Provide support to existing controlling team for all reporting tasks
- Support ad hoc projects for process improvements and value add.
- Recognised accounting qualification - ACCA, CIMA, ACA.
- At least two years post-qualification experience within industry.
- Experience of a large international business
- Experience of US GAAP and SOX would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience of progression in a Business Partnering Role.
- An understanding of retail business is an advantage.
- Effective and good communication at different levels of the organization with an ability to listen effectively and articulate business cases.
- Strong business acumen with broad base of financial knowledge with a balanced commercial mindset.
- Strong IT skills and working experience with finance IT systems from a detailed to a consolidated perspective, including the usage of Excel and the familiarity with SAP/Hyperion or ERP system.
- Ability to analyse data, identify issues/opportunities and propose solutions/alternatives in a pro-active manner.
- Proactive individual with a "can do" attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills and mentality.
- High sense of urgency and ability to deal with multiple and/or conflicting priorities.
- Courageous and willing to make decisions.
- A collaborative style and the ability to influence.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to listen effectively and articulate business cases.
- Open minded, proactive and able to drive change.
Competitive package and benefits.
Genuine opportunity for career growth with a well-established business and an inspirational team.