Senior Financial Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£50,345 - £57,917 per year + £4,000 Accountancy Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2020 16:00|
Closing Date: 2nd August 2020
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) is at the heart of the government’s economic and social agendas. A quarter of UK businesses are in our sectors and are among the most exciting and fastest growing of the whole economy. They provide 5.2 million jobs and deliver £38bn worth of exports. Our mission is to drive growth, enrich lives and promote Britain to the world.
Working in conjunction with our over 40 Arm’s Length Bodies we strive to create the conditions for everyone to enjoy our national culture, play sport, make the most of new technologies and have access to effective communications. Our sectors are critical to ensuring we have a strong place in the world - creating a global UK whose cultural, technological, creative, community and sporting assets mark us out as an essential partner for trade and investment. And making places that people want to live in, work in, invest in and visit.
As Team Leader in the Financial Accounting and Control Team (FACT), this role has overall responsibility for the National Lottery Distribution Fund (NLDF), supports the production of the DCMS group consolidated annual report and accounts and also manages the core department’s fixed asset register. This role is also expected to provide high quality technical advice to the wider business as required. The role involves line management of one Financial Accountant and indirect management of an apprentice
This is an exciting role which will provide the successful applicant with opportunities to work with a diverse group of Arms Length Bodies (ALBs), following a number of financial accounting frameworks including pure IFRS, UK GAAP and the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and delivering the NLDF year end accounts
- Supervising the regular payments by the NLDF to the Lottery Distribution Bodies (LDB) and the monthly NLDF reporting to the LDBs
- Reviewing the year end data collection packs submitted by ALBs for the DCMS Group accounts to ensure these are complete, accurate and the submitted data passes all validations
- Preparing, reviewing, sense checking and proofreading of final DCMS Group accounts, including commissioning other sections, challenge and review and collation into a single cohesive document.
- Liaising with the National Audit Office and ensuring all necessary documentation is available for audit
- Managing of the Fixed Asset Register, ensuring all month end and year end fixed asset journals are posted and all reconciliations are completed on time, along with preparing the monthly depreciation forecasts
- Line managing a team of finance staff
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Qualified financial accountant with significant experience of delivering in a large finance team
- Experience of preparing (or auditing) accounts in conformity with relevant accounting standards
- High level exposure and use of complex accounting systems, along with Advanced Excel skills
- High level management and interpersonal skills
- A background in audit (desirable) and experience of central government accounting (desirable)
For more information or an informal discussion, please apply via the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Stuart Thomson at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£42000 - £45000 per annum
£32,300 - £35,794 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance
Newly Qualified Financial Accountant
£50000.00 - £53000.00 per annum
Interim Financial Accountant
£200 - £300 per day
Senior Group Reporting Accountant
£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum