Senior Financial Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Financial Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Claire Evans|
|Job Published:||January 28, 2020 11:15|
Newly created opportunity for business in North Essex
Your new company
Established business in North Essex growing organically and by acquisition
Your new role
- Develop, improve and succession planning of the Financial Reporting Team.
- Responsible for and assist in the preparation of the monthly consolidated accounts in conjunction with the FP&A team and submission to Group Finance.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of the VAT and other HMRC returns (eg. Corporation Tax, P11D, PSA).
- Divisional responsibility to ensure satellite site finance teams are informed and processes are compliant with relevant policies and controls with quarterly review processes.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and financial accounting requirements (Financial Reporting Standards, HMRC and best practice).
- Lead the preparation and review of annual Statutory Accounts
- Liaise with the group finance function and external auditor in the conduct of audits, reviews and investigations and take action as necessary to introduce improvements to the financial accounting procedures and service.
- Regular review & commentary of Balance Sheet including adequacy of provisions, group policies and Working Capital movements.
- Support the group budgeting and forecasting process.
- Support any M&A activity including diligence, legal and contract review including post completion integration and review and agreement of completion accounts.
- Support system implementation projects (ERP) and divisional IT strategy
- Ad-hoc reporting, projects and tasks as directed in support of the business requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have either trained with practice and be ACA qualified or have extensive financial accounting experience including statutory accounts and tax.
What you'll get in return
£50-60,000 + Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Group Financial Accountant
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Group Financial Accountant
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + excellent benefits package
Group Financial Accountant (Engineering)
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus