Senior Financial Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£33000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + pension & free parking|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Wilson|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2019 12:43|
Your new company
The Civil Nuclear Constabulary is responsible for the armed police protection of licensed civil nuclear facilities in the UK and civil nuclear material in transit in the UK and internationally. They protect ten nuclear sites across the country and employ over 1,500 police officers and members of staff at nuclear sites throughout the UK.
Your new role
- To understand, interpret and analysis the impacts for CNC of Central Government Financial Regime and IRFS & UK GAAP
- To play a major role in ensuring CNC's Annual Accounts and Financial Returns are completed in a timely and accurate manner. In so doing, to follow and comply with accounting policies contained within the HM Treasury guidance.
- To play a leading role in both the production of the Finance Report which is presented to the CNPA Board and the monthly monitoring reports submitted to the Executive Team.
- To understand/interpret BEIS technical finance requirements and deliver on aspects of financial reporting, technical issues and other issues resolution.
- To deal with queries raised by the external auditors during their audit of the Accounts and explain the reasons why policies have been adopted. To prepare working papers as required, and to explain their relationship to other prime documents.
- To deal with queries raised by internal auditors, explaining procedures and putting new procedures in place as advised by audit.
- When required to support capital and reporting capital income and expenditure processes within CNC, and to have a good knowledge of Managing Public Money.
- To ensure that revenue expenditure is accurately recorded in the Financial Ledger on a monthly basis. To ensure that a robust reconciliation process is in place to support this process, which is then followed and recorded in an appropriate manner.
- To support the Head of Financial control in the development of Policies and procedures and then compliance with these across the organisation.
- To be responsible for reconciliation process of balance sheet, ensuring that all codes are reconciled and fully authorised in a timely manner. To be responsible for reviewing and authorising the reconciliations of team members, ensuring that any old transactions are dealt with and cleared as appropriate
- To have a working knowledge of taxation regulations, and to be responsible for completing certain returns to the Inland Revenue.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified accountant or Finalist, with a recognised Accountancy Qualification CIPFA/ACCA, etc.)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience of leading teams in the private or public sectors
- Must be able to evidence in depth understanding, confidence and ease with all matters relating to all technical finance accounts including working in a Financial Accounts/Technical Finance team for at least three years.
- To have a knowledge of and be able to interpret the Central Government Financial Regime (FReM, Managing Public Money, etc), and international reporting standards.
- Detailed knowledge of Capital and Assets Accounting requirements
- Able to interpret/analyses highly complex financial and statistical data, and report and communicate with multiple stakeholders
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, influencing and change management skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Comfortable with change and working in an evolving environment
- Able to collaborate with other professionals
- Confident presenter, communicator and facilitator
- Collating, analysing and interpreting data and information to drive continuous improvement
- Customer service orientation
- Pragmatic, results oriented with a delivery focus
What you'll get in return
- Generous annual leave - starting at 27.5 days per annum, rising to 32.5 after 10 years - plus eight bank holidays.
- Final salary pension scheme available to all employees. Employees in the scheme will contribute a percentage of their monthly pay based on their annual salary and the employer will contribute 19.3%. The final salary scheme is due to close following the passing of legislation, however, the date of closure is yet to be confirmed. After the closure a career average pension scheme will be available.
- Enhanced family friendly policies and sick pay.
- Additional unpaid minutes worked within the normal week to accrue additional annual leave of up to 3 days.
- Costa Coffee and employee canteen for all site workers at HQ Culham.
- Bonus scheme - police staff are normally eligible to a bonus payment depending on the organisations performance in any given financial year. Bonus payments are paid on an annual basis as a percentage of salary (maximum 7%).
- Flexi time working scheme.
- Free on site car parking.
- In-house Centre of Learning and Development.
- Free on-site gym facilities.
- Health and wellbeing, on site occupational health team, there is also an employee assistance programme which is available to all staff by telephone, giving support and counselling and advice on a wide range of subjects such as, financial, personal or work related matters and legal advice.
- Access to Physiotherapy.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Financial Accountant
£50,345 - £57,917 per year + £4,000 Accountancy Allowance
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
£45k - 49k per year
Commercial Management Accountant
£30,500 - 35,734 per year + £5000 accountancy and £2500 part qualified accountancy allowance
Project Accountant X2
£35,635 - 40,248 per year + £5000 accountancy allowance