Competitive salary + bonus + benefits
5 days ago
This newly created role will assume overall responsibility for leading the financial project work within Canon Europe's Developing Region Business Group (DRBG), covering business growth, re-organisation within the BU, strengthening Internal Controls, governance and risk management across the region, operational review and systems projects establishing a single ERP system across all 10 sales entities. The DRBG has strong growth objectives for the years ahead and it requires a number of strategic projects to be completed along with its financial objectives and the recruitment of this Senior Finance Project Manager is key in delivering and achieving both sets of objectives.
Given the significant growth of DRBG planned, the total number of product groups managed (55) and the operational support required to achieve these, this role will be essential in supporting the strategic growth projects that are critical to the growth and success of DRBG and as the Senior Finance Project Manager you will need to be a decisive leader making decisions through consensus management and using strong commercial acumen. You must also have the ability to steer the direction of the strategic projects autonomously, through challenging the status quo and driving results.
We expect there to be c40%-60% travel across the DRBG region with this role.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
As the Senior Finance Project Manager, your key responsibilities will be to;
- Manage the BU strategic projects together with BU controller and BU management team
- Lead projects to review and strengthen Internal controls, governance and risk management in DRBG operations
- Operational Review of DRBG central operations and in RSO’s to share best practice and improve operational performance of RSO’s.
- Support DRBG BU Operations Controller for MTP & Budget planning.
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
To be successful in this role and deliver our objectives we will need you to demonstrate some or all of the following skills criteria;
- Fully qualified accountant with significant finance experience including working in a multi-country regional role, experience working in multi countries is desirable
- Excellent commercial awareness and business experience
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Demonstrable experience operating at senior/exec level. This role engages with members across the SLT such as Country FD's, Country Controllers, Operations Controllers
- Demonstrable project management skills with the ability to drive key initiatives and projects to successful conclusion
- Strong IT and reporting skills
- Ability to handle working under pressure
- Ability to make critical decisions
- Leading virtual teams
You will need
As an employee of Canon Europe you will need to demonstrate the following key competencies for this role;
- Builds trust-based relationships
- Develops & coaches others
- Ensures delivery of the outcome
- Innovates by building on skills and experience
- Is business outcome driven
- Is courageous and has conviction
- Is customer oriented
- Is inspirational and motivational
As the Senior Finance Project Manager you can expect to receive a very competitive base salary, plus annual bonus, access to the company pension scheme, private medical cover, 25 days a/l pa, plus access to other additional benefits.
This role will be based at our European HQ in Stockley Park, Uxbridge and there is an expected 40%-60% travel expectation with this role across the DRBG region.
For further information and in the first instance, please apply with your CV and cover sheet.
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.