SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER
|Job Title:||SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER|
|Location:||Lewes, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£38813 - £43684 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Richard Latham|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2020 17:28|
Excellent opportunity for a ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant
6 month Fixed term contract, immediate start
Highly respected Public Sector organisation seeking a Senior Finance officer to undertake a 6 month fixed term contract
- Support the Finance Manager to develop, review and monitor the Authority's Medium Term Finance Plan and annual Revenue and Capital budgets.
- Support budget holders in preparing their budget plans and in year revenue and capital budget monitoring.
- Provide robust and timely financial and performance information and advice to the Senior Leadership Team and budget holders.
- Support budget holders and project managers to develop proposals and business cases ensuring that financial implications (costs and benefits) are clearly identified and properly assessed
- Maintain a full understanding of the service's financial management and control framework (including tax compliance and other statutory requirements) and ensure that these are properly understood and being applied appropriately across the service
- Lead and develop the financial administration team ensuring that it is efficient, effective and meets the changing needs of the service.
- Complete statutory and other returns as necessary
- Work with the Finance Manager, budget holders and Business Services Department to ensure the timely and compliant closure of the Authority's accounts and preparation of the Annual Statement of Accounts.
- Develop a positive performance culture in relation to financial management and achieving business targets, challenging line managers to deal with issues constructively and robustly.
- Liaise with the Authority's internal and external auditors as necessary.
Professional (CCAB) accountancy qualification
A thorough understanding of the legislative framework and guidance for local authority accounting and financial management
Detailed knowledge and experience of using SAP or other financial management systems
Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners
Ability to analyse and interpret complex financial data
Impressive office location
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Restricted Funds Officer
£39k per year
Business Accountant Officer
£30k-£35k negotiable for 40 hours per week
York, North Yorkshire
£37000 - £44000 per annum
£75000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits
Head of Finance
£50k - 55k per year