Leeds, West Yorkshire
5 days ago
You will be joining a world class finance team as a Senior Manager leading the Financial Controls team within the Asda Controllership function.
You will be accountable for leading the Anti-Corruption and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) financial control programme across the business and broadening the scope of the programme to incorporate other finance compliance objectives including GSCOP and Corporate Criminal Offence.
Working for Asda you'll have access to a wide breadth of future opportunities all in one location - cross-Finance and cross-functional.
You will work alongside driven, high performing colleagues who will inspire you to be the best you can be.
You will lead the business in the development and continuous improvement of financial controls which drive efficiency, sustainability and align with Walmart Global Policies. With strong links to the Walmart US International Finance team, you will leverage the best of the global team for the benefit of Asda and positively influence the shape of the financial controls programme globally.
You will lead by example and do the right thing whilst being open, honest and accessible. You will be curious and interested to learn, develop and implement new digital tools to improve the control environment.
- Relentless focus on the development and implementation of automated and continuous monitoring framework within SAP Global Risk and Compliance system (SAP GRC)
- Engage business partners to implement SAP GRC into business processes.
- Centrally monitor financial transaction exceptions identified by SAP GRC and drive timely follow-up with key stakeholders
- On-going development and improvement of financial controls monitoring frameworks which are outside of the SAP environment,
- Supporting Compliance, Controllership and Business Process Sponsors and Owners to identify and understand the effectiveness and sustainability of the financial control programmes.
Monitoring and remediation
- Leading a team of three colleagues to deliver effective monitoring of financial controls across Asda and its subsidiary companies.
- Partnering with local and global stakeholders to develop financial controls which ensure the business complies with requirements of both global and local policies and procedures.
- Leveraging data and insight to target monitoring activity and drive sustainable remediation plans.
- Analysing outputs of monitoring and communicating findings and themes to relevant business owners and Executive Stakeholders.
- Partnering with business owners to ensure appropriate close out of remediation actions.
Governance and Risk
- Overseeing the PMO activities for financial controls including maintenance of programme documentation.
- Overseeing the identification and communication compliance risk to key stakeholders.
- Leadership role in relevant Governance and Risk Committees.
- Coaching within the team and across the broader business.
A strong leader with a 'controls' mindset, you may have gained experience as a Finance Senior Manager, a Finance Controller, Internal or External Audit Senior Manager either within professional practice, an internal audit function or other relevant in-house financial controls related environment. You will possess detailed knowledge and understanding of financial controls and be able to lead, develop and mentor an experienced team.
- Integrity and passion to do the right thing.
- Strong communication skills to include presentation, influencing and relational skills
- Customer focused with the ability to challenge where appropriate
- Pro-active mindset looking to challenge the status quo to achieve continuous improvement
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work effectively
- Experience of internal controls implementation and design improvement
- Experience in data interrogation techniques to identify issues, errors and fraud
- Understanding of IT General Controls
- Knowledge of reporting and governance
- Experience of SOX and FCPA would be preferable
On offer is a competitive salary and generous benefits package including car allowance. City centre location and flexible working encouraged.